New Healthcare bill has been passed

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
We still got a few years before we see the benefits of this, but we are still paying for it. I think it will kick in in 2014 or 15 or something like that.

theweatherman wrote:We still got a few years before we see the benefits of this, but we are still paying for it. I think it will kick in in 2014 or 15 or something like that.
The mandate kicks in in 2016 but the pre-existing conditions stuff should kick in later this year.

--------------
Rohan wrote:Is this active in California yet?

How this works? Like Auto Insurance?
You need to get health insurance, if you don't you get fined. The fine is supposed to increase every year until 2018 or 2020 or something

--------------
Dodd wrote:HAHA same! Canada FTW
I'm not trying to troll or something, I'm genuinely curious. How much do Canadians pay in taxes? (What percent of your income?)

---------------
akv1984 wrote:You are right about that. But at least with the private sector we have choices. If one thing screws up then we can go to a different company that provides the same service. With the government there is only one choice.
Actually you have choice with the bill that was passed too...

[posts merged by TeddyBlass]
- try not to double post... or quadruple post (in this case) -
- thanks

That1 wrote:
Dodd wrote:HAHA same! Canada FTW
I'm not trying to troll or something, I'm genuinely curious. How much do Canadians pay in taxes? (What percent of your income?)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, I live in Ontario and i bought a pair of jeans recently for like 69.99, and the final price after taxes was like $75or $83ish and i was like WTF?!
Why you lurking my page brah?

I've watched a lot of TV on poitics, including this, and all of this has only confirmed that I do not want to be a politician when I grow up.

movieman1005 wrote:I've watched a lot of TV on poitics, including this, and all of this has only confirmed that I do not want to be a politician when I grow up.
Why not? You could get involved in a few Conspiracies. ;) :lol:
No kidding