Does anybody else feel the world is getting dumber?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Skyab, I'll pm you my email in a bit as I finally finished that horrid exam.
As for the second paragraph you said, I don't know how widely known it was over there about the US friending Hussein, for instance, but even if at the time it was widely known - people have a tendency to forget this thing. Situation here a decade ago when Netanyahu was PM the first time was the worst in years. Both by economical state and national security too!.. he actually had to step down during!! And they still re-elected him 6-7 years later!! :wtf:

Pratham wrote:Thought provoking posts, you two.
I personally believe that this problem isn't limited to few countries but a state of entire world right now. Whether it is another country, religion, or tribe, leaders are diverting people's attention to hide their own screwed up policies, and incompetent administration.(1984, yeah I know) The people, too,on the other hand think that an able and competent leader is one who destroys their 'enemies', whereas in truth such leader will keep country calm and peaceful.
Situation in India isn't much better. The only reason there isn't war between India and Pakistan is that neither one is in condition to wage war against another.
There's something sadly encouraing in seeing it's a worldwide issue. I just wish people could see past the lies. Fear is such a bad habit.

SilverHeart wrote:To be fair, it fortunately doesn't seem to be a majority of people. There aren't necessarily more stupid people, we just are more aware of them now.
SilverHeart said this in another thread, which I completely agree with.

Our world is more populated now, and technology allows us to constantly connect with others more than ever before. It's obvious that we would also be more aware of lack of intelligence. Also, stupidity gets more attention than intelligence. Reality television is a great example.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I've been thinking a lot in the past few days about this and I think one of the worst factors who cause this in the modern world is that people lose touch with themselves. They aren't aware of who they are. It's a snowball effect from the globalism and the takeover of the WWW.

foxy, that's just.. :facepalm:

lalyil wrote:I've been thinking a lot in the past few days about this and I think one of the worst factors who cause this in the modern world is that people lose touch with themselves. They aren't aware of who they are. It's a snowball effect from the globalism and the takeover of the WWW.
Just have to say what I meant was, the more you use the internet to escape reality the less aware you are of reality and yourself. The less you can reach your full potential. As long as we're stuck in this cycle I fear it could get worse. I do it too and I feel the effects on myself. There are things that could only get better by actually doing, working for them and talking to people who get you. Not a shadow of a person you don't really know cos that will turn you into a shadow yourself.

Basically, think The Matrix.

I'm sorry could you repeat the question :eh:

People here are so fkn dumb they can't see what's going on under their noses! The second biggest party here, which is meant to be an active opposition in the parliament, as we are meant to be a democracy, joined the current government. Current government was extreme right/republican and the one that join them now is meant to be center. In the recent polls the current government would have won the next election with over 30%, while this second party would have been rather close second.. and all other right wing parties, and the very few left one, very far behind (except for one religious party which is no.3 now and becoming more powerful all the time).

Anyway, the current government was also the biggest we ever had, which was a reason for them to higher the taxes in pretty much anything, now the government is even bigger. We also lost our opposition, there's no one who can fight this biggest party...

Basically, this isn't a democracy. I just don't get how people are are so blind to see it. If they realized it, they'd be at the streets by now. Choosing which party to vote for doesn't make you a democracy. There's more to it than that. Our current government has literally all the power they could want to pass on ANYTHING. And they just get stronger cos whenever they mention the word 'Iran' people get freaked out and they bag more voices.

I feel as though I'm getting dumber.

Based4Life wrote:I feel as though I'm getting dumber.
That could definitely be the case.
:P
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
Based4Life wrote:I feel as though I'm getting dumber.
That could definitely be the case.
:P
Not even a zinger if its true.
:(