Do we really exist? Is the world we're living in real?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
If we don't really exist than we won't know if the world we are living in is real or not.
/thread

Its all just a dream. Or wait, nightmare.

TheGreatDanton wrote:Image

:|
Sigs???

lmao at everything she said. :facepalm:

:suicide:
"When art imitates life"

PseudoHawk wrote:When it comes to internet debates about religion, no one is going to get converted. Usually, your personal beliefs are a huge part of you... no matter what it is you believe in. Your beliefs change the way you live. It's sure going to take a hell of a lot more then a stupid internet debate to convert you, if you were to ever get converted. That's why these debates are always stupid, and the people on both sides of the arguments are idiots. Fact. ;)
No one involved in the debate gets "converted" at that time. But sometimes that other person posts something that pisses you off so much that it bugs the hell out of you. And over time you begin to wonder why it does. And then you sorta kinda start listening to that person.

Happened with me multiple times with evolution, the book Twilight (this is the most important conversion, I am serious), atheism, treatment of POC, white people appropriating things from other cultures for fashion and not realizing how offensive it is, etc.

It's rare, but people change. And that one person who challenged their beliefs can make a difference. Even if it is an annoying ego pissing contest at the time.

PseudoHawk wrote:When it comes to internet debates about religion, no one is going to get converted. Usually, your personal beliefs are a huge part of you... no matter what it is you believe in. Your beliefs change the way you live. It's sure going to take a hell of a lot more then a stupid internet debate to convert you, if you were to ever get converted. That's why these debates are always stupid, and the people on both sides of the arguments are idiots. Fact. ;)
I don't know about others, but I like to believe that I keep an open enough mind that when we have these discussions in certain threads, I always tend to learn something or change my perception of something. Whenever I've had any sort of debate online, I've always adopted something new into my personal beliefs, simply because I get a better understand of how other people think and try to understand new ideas in new ways.

In a way, you would need to keep an open mind and consider the possibility that your opinions are inconsistent or hypocritical (whether you are religious, atheist, agnostic, etc.) or that your fixed beliefs can be challenged without you getting offended.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I have a really open mind anybody that knows me knows what a deep thinker I am:-) I honestly love questions like this and thoughts on this topic. The put off is when people can't have an honest discussion without pissing each other off. I think we've all been there when somebody says something and we can't let it go because it chaps our ass.. :lol: When one person is pissed off the other person on the other side of the debate usually never gets their point across because inside the angry person's head they are too busy thinking of what they are going to say rather than actually calming down and listening to that other person.:-) Sometimes it's when they walk away and calm down that they actually think about what was said. I think sometimes with internet debates on message boards it's easier to get pissed off because sometimes we forget that the person responding is an actual human being, we see them as their words not as an individual person with thoughts and feelings. I think for the most part interesting things come from just starting a conversation. Late night Starbucks talks are a favorite past time of mine.. :)

Yes we exist, and the world is real.

/thread

Death or Exile?