Do we really exist? Is the world we're living in real?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Just like I said in the alien thread, if there is no evidence to conclude that some guy has me plugged in a computer or whatever you think is happening, then there is nothing to argue about.
+1. Some people on this fourm have a warped sense of reality.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Just like I said in the alien thread, if there is no evidence to conclude that some guy has me plugged in a computer or whatever you think is happening, then there is nothing to argue about.
+1. Some people on this fourm have a warped sense of reality.
When you 'see' something, what do you really 'see'? You don't actually see the object, what you see is light reflected off the object. In a sense your eyes 'feel' the light and translate that into an image in your mind. You don't actually see the physical object, because there really is no such thing as a 'physical object'. There's nothing there but energy and forces. What you detect when you see something is nothing more than one form of energy bouncing off another.

I recommend watching this video:

So do you think we live in a real world?

Jackson wrote:When you 'see' something, what do you really 'see'? You don't actually see the object, what you see is light reflected off the object. In a sense your eyes 'feel' the light and translate that into an image in your mind. You don't actually see the physical object, because there really is no such thing as a 'physical object'. There's nothing there but energy and forces. What you detect when you see something is nothing more than one form of energy bouncing off another.

The light is still reflecting off that object, thus that object is real. If the object wasn't real, there would be no light reflecting off of it and there would be no light getting translated through your eyes and brain.

Jackson you're talking about perception. It will always be a middle man, along with the brain and eyes converting real life info into electric impulses.

chee wrote:
Jackson wrote:When you 'see' something, what do you really 'see'? You don't actually see the object, what you see is light reflected off the object. In a sense your eyes 'feel' the light and translate that into an image in your mind. You don't actually see the physical object, because there really is no such thing as a 'physical object'. There's nothing there but energy and forces. What you detect when you see something is nothing more than one form of energy bouncing off another.

The light is still reflecting off that object, thus that object is real. If the object wasn't real, there would be no light reflecting off of it and there would be no light getting translated through your eyes and brain.
Objects are not matter. Matter does not actually exist. We've been taught that science has discovered that when you tear matter you get molecules and when you tear molecule you get atoms and when you tear atoms you get protons, neutrons, and electrons. However, if you delve deeper into these subatomic particles you will eventually wind up with energy. This energy was discovered by quantum physicist Werner Heisenberg. Therefore, if protons, neutrons, and electrons are not actually matter but rather a form of energy, then matter does not exist.

So, if the world around us is not matter, and our bodies is not matter, then do we really exist? What is this universe that surrounds us? In fact, the substance of the universe is just consciousness! Therefore, it is behavior that is important as we mold and form our reality from the living fabric of the consciousness of creation.

Jackson wrote:
chee wrote:The light is still reflecting off that object, thus that object is real. If the object wasn't real, there would be no light reflecting off of it and there would be no light getting translated through your eyes and brain.
Objects are not matter. Matter does not actually exist. We've been taught that science has discovered that when you tear matter you get molecules and when you tear molecule you get atoms and when you tear atoms you get protons, neutrons, and electrons. However, if you delve deeper into these subatomic particles you will eventually wind up with energy. This energy was discovered by quantum physicist Werner Heisenberg. Therefore, if protons, neutrons, and electrons are not actually matter but rather a form of energy, then matter does not exist.

So, if the world around us is not matter, and our bodies is not matter, then do we really exist? What is this universe that surrounds us? In fact, the substance of the universe is just consciousness! Therefore, it is behavior that is important as we mold and form our reality from the living fabric of the consciousness of creation.
Yeaaaa...I think you need a good smacking from a scientist (which I am not, so I won't be smacking you today :wave: ). Everything physical and testable exists. Those protons, neutrons and electrons can't exist without atoms. It's not like protons, neutrons, and electrons are swimming through the air, willy nilly. :eh:

Bread is made from flour. Does that mean bread doesn't exist?

prince0gotham wrote:Bread is made from flour. Does that mean bread doesn't exist?
:lol:

Jackson, I thought about this issue but never actually gave it enough importance to consider it being worthy of discussion. :lol:

I don't believe in such thing and even if we are someone's imagination or just a "Sims" game... What would be the point of discussing it? There's nothing that I could do about it anyway... :lol:

RIFA wrote:Jackson, I thought about this issue but never actually gave it enough importance to consider it being worthy of discussion. :lol:
I don't believe in such thing and even if we are someone's imagination or just a "Sims" game... What would be the point of discussing it? There's nothing that I could do about it anyway... :lol:
Look back and show middle finger. :lol:
Congrats,you have just pissed off your gamer.
gib sigs