North Korea firing missiles at South Korea

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
RIFA wrote:
chee wrote:That's not making profit for the government though.
The government works mainly because of all those corporations. The interests are not in the hands of a few politicians who work for the government but in the hands of a few "aristocrats" who have the government work for them.

Most wars are not made because of some political conflict between governments but because of the interests of corporations in foreign soil.

If the corporations make profit automatically the government gain a % of that in their intern budget. Wars always were about economic interest (or in rare cases "megalomania") not politics.
Ah, okay.

ugh this is not good!
{=}

RIFA wrote:Well...

- the control of resources by the occupants. (Energy corporations)
- need of weapons (Military contractors)
- reconstruction & development (Construction corporations mostly)
- the cost of wars require loans so therefore debt is created (Banks and Monetary Founds)
- privatization/incorporation of domestic public assets (buy low - sell high ... same goes for land...)
- need for medication (Pharmaceutical corporations)

etc.
Eh, that's not quite gonna fly in this day and age. Sure, WWII and the Cold War made the US the most scientifically progressive nation in the country at the time, but the US has been suffering a brain drain since then and I REALLY don't think the citizenry is going to tolerate a draft, especially when the US has not been attacked.

But there is big money in it. My bf used to work for a private aerospace defense company. He made lots of dough for the qualifications that he had. But he quit because he didn't see the long-term benefit that his field was doing. He quit so he could program iPhone games instead. :lol:

Anyways, I'm still bewildered over North Korea's actions. If they declare war on us, we'd wipe them off the face of the earth before they could even send a plane out. They may be working on nuclear weapons, but they're like, 50 years behind us (don't forget we nuked Japan in 1945) and depend on Chinese aid for basic survival. And I'm sure that China is NOT pleased with this recent development. Their economy is too intertwined with ours. A war with the US is the last thing they want.

North Korea is making its own deathbed. I just don't get it. They're already a fascist dictatorship who hold its citizenry under its thumb. Nobody would have any grounds to stop them from doing that if they only kept to themselves.

Anita18 wrote: North Korea is making its own deathbed. I just don't get it. They're already a fascist dictatorship who hold its citizenry under its thumb. Nobody would have any grounds to stop them from doing that if they only kept to themselves.
In the case of North Korea the reason behind a war will be the "megalomania" syndrome if I could say that... :lol: That prick Kim Jong Il really thinks he could face the U.S.

The U.S. with all her debt to the banks and other countries with all her problems, military it's still "officially" 2nd on the planet and I'm pretty sure U.S. will always (at least to the point they could not afford anymore) have something up her sleeve that is not that "officially". The problem though does not sit in what U.S. can do but in what U.S. CAN'T do at this moment... and that is... trying to expand and invest in another war. That could turn out, at this moment, fatally at the end and I'm sure "they" know it. If U.S. starts bomb North Korea then we will have a problem since Kim Jong Il will definitely look for allies to stop the Imperialists and so on and I'm pretty sure... someone will show their support to stop that. From that point on you could talk about a WW3 since everyone would want a piece of the pie... North Korea is not important during the war but is important for the start of it... that's why the situation needs to be handled quietly...

Stealth mode on. 8-)

Crazy fascist pigs indeed. They should be frakking exterminated - every last one of them.

"The army and people of [North Korea] are now greatly enraged at the provocation of the puppet group, while getting fully ready to give a shower of dreadful fire and blow up the bulwark of the enemies if they dare to encroach again upon [North Korea's] dignity and sovereignty even in the least," KCNA said Friday.

"The group should not run amuck, clearly understanding the will and mettle of the highly alerted army and people of [North Korea] to wipe out the enemies.", KCNA.

FU*KING GREAT!... :roll: :roll:

Looks like a World War 3 soon.

All those hours playing Fallout were so worth it.

prince0gotham wrote:All those hours playing Fallout were so worth it.
lmao yeah... so was watching Mad Max.... now I'm prepared... :twisted:

RIFA wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:All those hours playing Fallout were so worth it.
lmao yeah... so was watching Mad Max.... now I'm prepared... :twisted:
thaaat's the spirit

better gas up from right now