Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Michaelf2225 wrote:i fear that at some point, and maybe it's already starting to happen (the Dreyfuss accusation is really... odd), this is going to devolve into a bunch of unverified, clickbait, hit pieces - a witch hunt
Okay Donald.
Master Virgo wrote:Yeah, I don't get it. Ellen Page wrote that she feels ashamed of working with Allen, although she somehow didn't mention anything about Singer.

Why? Are we going to spit on the face of anyone who has ever been accused of anything?£
Well the difference is Ellen worked with Allen long after his allegations. Singer’s allegations came after she worked with him. She obviously believed Allen to be guilty and worked him anyway and now she regrets it.

Talli molested nolanfans multiple times in 2012 and 2013 WAKE UP PEOPLE

I was gonna make a serious post i swear, too late now tho

Michaelf2225 wrote:i fear that at some point, and maybe it's already starting to happen (the Dreyfuss accusation is really... odd), this is going to devolve into a bunch of unverified, clickbait, hit pieces - a witch hunt
Where have I heard this before?

Oh yeah.
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 6854204416

You've finally shown your true colours Michael.
jk
Allstar wrote:Well the difference is Ellen worked with Allen long after his allegations. Singer’s allegations came after she worked with him. She obviously believed Allen to be guilty and worked him anyway and now she regrets it.
Well I mean the Apt Pupil allegations were long before that and honestly they feel like the most credible allegations against Singer so far.£

We're all very much aware there are indeed people who would use these situations to spin whatever bullshit they'd want to, accuse people wrongly, etc., it's just the sad reality of people being terrible. The thing is though, statistically the ratio of people libeling someone and those who were genuinely assaulted isn't even at all, the percentage of false rape accusations probably doesn't even exceed 10%, let alone combined with genuine assault that goes unreported to the authorities, therefore never gets prosecuted ever.

It really sucks that there's no way to make sure no false accusation are ever made and it's absolutely true such stuff happens. But it just bums me out that whenever faced with a "gray" situation like this, so many people prioritize the wellbeing of the potential offender, instead of the potential victim. People throw phrases like "innocent until proven guilty" and "what if she's/he's wrong and lying?", but they never seem to ask "what if she/he is actually right?". The victims, for the most part, have nothing to gain from this. If anything, there's a great chance people will be affected negatively if they choose to speak out, even now. Something really shitty is deeply rooted in us if the first question when we see someone potentially sexually assaulting an individual we ask is "what if the victim is lying?" instead of "what if this dirtbag really did it?". People need to rethink the vicious and depressing cycle of reporting a sex crime and the public reaction this is, and how all of us contribute to it.

I would really hate for "witch hunts" to happen, I would hate for this to spin out of control for all of the wrong reasons - all sane people would agree with me imo. But what solutions would you suggest? Doubt the victims - do something we'd been doing for so long, something that has caused so many people to remain silent or never try seeking justice in the first place? I'd rather take my chances of believing the victims, knowing how incredibly hard it is to publicly come forward with something like that and how hard it must have affected them personally, and retain faith in authorities and the law to find out the false accusations if there are any.

Just my two cents, probably something that has been brought up a million times already. Personally I don't really keep up (it's depressing you genuinely have to keep up with it not to lose count) with all of this, so I couldn't say if there are any red flags about any of the accusations even if I wanted to.

Bacon wrote:
Where have I heard this before?

Oh yeah.
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 6854204416
i was referring to Allen’s comments but okay

He's weird guy but I don't think Woody Allen should be named alongside these monsters.

People seem to ignore the facts and information available.

MyCocaine wrote:I find it odd how Ellen Page named Allen and not Singer.

He's weird guy but I don't think Woody Allen should be named alongside these monsters.

People seem to ignore the facts and information available.
i agree

Allen is, of course, no beacon of moral authority - but, his case is a lot different, muddier, and mostly points in his favor compared to many of these other guys (though marrying your adopted daughter isn't exactly normal behavior)

Allstar wrote:
Okay Donald.
Actually, there doesn't seem to be a sign that this is stopping. It looks like we haven't even passed the tip of the iceberg. It sucks for both innocent people and the victims because then innocent people get blamed for shit they didn't do and the victims aren't believed. So, this coming to a point where any accusation will become pointless and just get lost in the noise.

The line's getting blurred and that's dangerous.

Cilogy wrote: The line's getting blurred and that's dangerous.
where is that happening? everyone getting busted has been based on multiple verified accounts