Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Andrew Kreisberg, co-creator/executive producer of the CW/Warner Bros TV DC series The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow, has been suspended from his duties by the studio today over allegations of sexual harassment, with WBTV launching an internal investigation.
http://deadline.com/2017/11/andrew-krei ... 202206230/

am thinking of pulling a mycocaine and submitting my blank resume to wb.

It's quite something that the moment someone says something that people lose their careers in mere days. I believe most of the accusations are real but what of those that aren't? Aren't people innocent until proven otherwise according to the justice system? I think so far the only one to really admit that he's done something very very wrong is Louis CK, of how many people being accused atm?

I mean, it's the same with teachers, there only has to be one accusation and most people believe it to be true even though there's still a chance it never happened.

I do wonder what's going to happen with the politicians of whom I think it's even more important (not that exposing those in showbiss isn't important because it is) that they're being prosecuted, since they're in a high position of power.

Yeah, I don't get it. Ellen Page wrote that she feels ashamed of working with Allen, although she somehow didn't mention anything about Singer.

Why? Are we going to spit on the face of anyone who has ever been accused of anything?£

i fear that at some point, and maybe it's already starting to happen (the Dreyfuss accusation is really... odd), this is going to devolve into a bunch of unverified, clickbait, hit pieces - a witch hunt

on the note of verified shitty people:

I'm just waiting for the excess of jobs to become available in Hollywood tbh.

Nomis wrote:It's quite something that the moment someone says something that people lose their careers in mere days. I believe most of the accusations are real but what of those that aren't? Aren't people innocent until proven otherwise according to the justice system? I think so far the only one to really admit that he's done something very very wrong is Louis CK, of how many people being accused atm?

I mean, it's the same with teachers, there only has to be one accusation and most people believe it to be true even though there's still a chance it never happened.

I do wonder what's going to happen with the politicians of whom I think it's even more important (not that exposing those in showbiss isn't important because it is) that they're being prosecuted, since they're in a high position of power.
Don’t get me wrong, that is something that could happen, but when someone like Kevin Spacey says he needs to get help then you know it’s true, he didn’t even put up a defense really. Harvey Weinstein also said he needs to get therapy and that he is a sick man. Most of the stories I’ve heard seem too detailed to be made up.

Spacey, Weinstein, Affleck (I mean the interview of assault is right on the web), and C.K. are 100% guilty.

Nevertheless hopefully this new wave of accusations help speed up the process of ending the patriarchy that has tarnished Hollywood since its inception and is really the main source of all these problems.

People need to see this issue for what it is. The problem is not with a few sick lost individuals. It's with the out of control masculinity. It's with the overwhelmingly higher number of men in charge, compared to women. The fact that we keep denying this, is why nothing has been happening for years.£

George Takei has fully denied the claims. Not sure what to think on this one.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/ ... 9350114304
Friends,

I'm writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Bruton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them. The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do. Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful. Brad, who is 100 percent beside me on this, as my life partner of more than 30 years and now my husband, stands fully by my side. I cannot tell you how vital it has been to have his unwavering support and love in these difficult times. Thanks to many of you for all the kind words and trust. It means so much to us.

Yours in gratitude,

George
There will be people that say (as they are in the comments) that if you believe Roy Moore, you have to believe this accusation. Except that the Roy Moore allegations were 4 victims speaking up and the events were corroborated by like 30 people. Also instead of denying the claim, they're beating around the bush with it. Hm. I'm pretty indifferent to Takei but I find it strange he would be this blatant in denying it didn't happen, especially with how many people nowadays are just giving up after they're called out.

It could be that he really just don't remember it or maybe god forbid he's innocent.£

fuck dude this is getting out of control