The Consanguineous Sex Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Love is a wide concept and there's a difference between fucking your girlfriend/boyfriend and your sister etc.

No matter how you approach it - genetics are against it, moral is against it, society is against it... even your subconsciousness is subtly telling you to nope the fuck out of that idea, I wonder why.

Guys, are we in Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hills Have Eyes? Next thing Earth is flat.

Guys, let's calm the fuck down and use science and math to very quickly clarify this bullshit fest.

Children of siblings have a 40% or higher increase in likelihood of having severe abnormalities.

Children of cousins, depending on what study you reference, is actually only around 4%. Some studies show higher. There are other arguments to be made against incest but if you're going to make a claim incest is harmless it is NOT. And because our programming as a species has us avoid behaviors that have high likelihood of fucking up procreation due to Darwin and all that, thus we have a huge aversion to incest. It fucks shit up. It's the exact same psychological trigger as to why we hate pedophiles.

There are other reasons incest is like, bad, but this is enough to condemn it for once and for always. If you want to fuck your sister, it's because your evolutionary mechanisms underpinning your behavior has failed you and is broken. Simple as that.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Guys, let's calm the fuck down and use science and math to very quickly clarify this bullshit fest.

Children of siblings have a 40% or higher increase in likelihood of having severe abnormalities.

Children of cousins, depending on what study you reference, is actually only around 4%. Some studies show higher. There are other arguments to be made against incest but if you're going to make a claim incest is harmless it is NOT. And because our programming as a species has us avoid behaviors that have high likelihood of fucking up procreation due to Darwin and all that, thus we have a huge aversion to incest. It fucks shit up. It's the exact same psychological trigger as to why we hate pedophiles.

There are other reasons incest is like, bad, but this is enough to condemn it for once and for always. If you want to fuck your sister, it's because your evolutionary mechanisms underpinning your behavior has failed you and is broken. Simple as that.

-Vader
Thank you.

^Yeah... Basically.

All in all though, I do believe in an idea that people can do whatever the hell they want, as long as it's consentual and you know, as long as their freedom doesn't interfere with mine and so on. Comparing homosexuality and incest, though, and bringing up the argument of "hey 60 years ago science and society were against gays and look where we're now!" is kind of weird, those two things are definitely not the same. But once again, if it's consentual and not harmful or abusive (like a lot of "regular" relationships can be), then idc. That doesn't mean I "get" it, as in I'd never think my family members are hot lol, but live and let live, I guess?

When it comes to inbreeding, I think such individuals should be educated enough to understand the possible weight of such a decision. It's just a weird topic, idk why we're still having it

Vader182 wrote:There are other reasons incest is like, bad, but this is enough to condemn it for once and for always.
Are you aware or not that people can have sex without it being resulted in having children? I'm just curious, are you aware of that?
Vader182 wrote:If you want to fuck your sister, it's because your evolutionary mechanisms underpinning your behavior has failed you and is broken. Simple as that.
Please give me some glance of your magnificent knowledge on biology and inform me what part of one's body is responsible for preventing them from being sexually attracted to their siblings.
m4st4 wrote:No matter how you approach it - genetics are against it, moral is against it, society is against it... even your subconsciousness is subtly telling you to nope the fuck out of that idea, I wonder why.
My subconsciousness is not telling me anything except that other's people affairs has nothing to do with me, and I shouldn't put my nose into it. I respect other people's way of living as long as they are adults fully capable of understanding what they are doing. It's a very simple logical point that you people have so far failed to address.£

So I took like one psychology class in college, just letting ya'll know because I'm not an expert.

There actually is a psychological boundary that prevents you from procreating with your family members (I seriously can't remember it for the life of me). Pretty much if you grow up with someone throughout your childhood, you will not find them sexually attractive in adulthood.

In Cambodia (I think it's Cambodia. It's been a while since I took this class), families would arrange their kids marriage and have the kids grow up together. When the kids finally got married, they would not consummate the marriage because they grew up around each other in childhood all the time that they didn't have any sexual attraction in adulthood.

in b4 "incest is okay" thread in World Affairs