The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
He tweeted at ~1 AM, caps lock whining about witch hunt. :lol:

The Wall Street Journal

@WSJ
Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg was granted immunity by prosecutors in the Cohen investigation.

hoo boy

walls are closing in

#BuildTheWalls

>Children get continuously killed in repeated mass shootings at schools
>Children get politically active and beg people to politicize the deaths of their friends and their own trauma to stop this from happening again
>Republicans get up in arms and say it's "sick" to politicize victims

>Young woman gets killed by an illegal immigrant
>Family asks death to not be politicized for immigration due to it being one person
>Republicans politicize it to give a reason for why the wall needs to be built

ffs

spent the past week working with people from LA. i sensed red flags when they started berating waitstaff for not making food that wasn't on the menu (every place we went) but it went downhill from there. a sampling of actual quotes:

"war brings countries together"
"when treyvon martin died obama empowered black people in the wrong way"
"i don't like all the pride flags around here and i'm from california"
"i'm not racist, i'm like the only white guy in my friend group"

being around these type of people was sort of a shock to the system, and realizing that they are the average as opposed to outliers eliminated the last bit of confusion about how trump could have won from my mind. but what's interesting is they think the US is just as messed up as anyone else, they just live in their own reality where the media is conspiring against trump and police, the root of violence is illegal immigration, and liberals will label you as racist if you even talk to them.

basically i spent the whole time grappling with the right way to associate with them
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on August 25th, 2018, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

that's hilarious

also, on what deserves to be more than a side note, John McCain has died, which makes me feel like the last remnants of right-wing politicians who have a semblance of integrity are almost gone

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 10:39 pm
spent the past week working with people from LA. i sensed red flags when they started berating waitstaff for not making food that wasn't on the menu (every place we went) but it went downhill from there. a sampling of actual quotes:

being around these type of people was sort of a shock to the system, and realizing that they are the average as opposed to outliers eliminated the last bit of confusion about how trump could have won from my mind. but what's interesting is they think the US is just as messed up as anyone else, they just live in their own reality where the media is conspiring against trump and police, the root of violence is illegal immigration, and liberals will label you as racist if you even talk to them.

basically i spent the whole time grappling with the right way to associate with them
This is the kind of people I encounter literally every day here in Alabama. Grappling with it has been extremely tough.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 10:39 pm

As cynical as I am, I dont think it's a representation of the average here.

Trump didn't win cuz more people voted for him, he won because of the system. The electoral college, obfuscation of truth, media manipulation, economic insecurity leading to scapegoating (blaming immigrants but not corporate interest), and good people staying silent.

I still firmly believe those crazy people are the outliers. The problem is the sane people have been too complacent to stop this.

My smallest and final shred of hope is that the last 2 years have been a wake up call for folks. But we'll see what happens in this year's elections. If it wasn't enough, then we are truly 100% doomed.

Oh man.. was not aware McCain had died. RIP.

Of course, not even death is going to prevent some people from being scummy. Why are we humans so pathetic