50 killed in Florida nightclub terror attack

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

It's really disturbing that nothing seems to happen so as such acts could be prevented. From gun laws to other potential measures. It's just getting worse and worse.

it utterly blows my mind how a terror attack can be politicized into a gun debate

Michaelf2225 wrote:it utterly blows my mind how a terror attack can be politicized into a gun debate
The GOP blocked a bill that would've prevented terrorists from being able to get guns, but ok

Michaelf2225 wrote:it utterly blows my mind how a terror attack can be politicized into a gun debate
I'm not so sure it's that simple.

After these kinds of things, everyone wants to be proactive in finding ways to prevent it from happening again.

Cilogy wrote:
I'm not so sure it's that simple.

After these kinds of things, everyone wants to be proactive in finding ways to prevent it from happening again.
You can't prevent radical ideology in the broad sense because killing an idea is well, kinda hard. I'm all for making it extremely or even impossible for citizens to legally obtain military grade firearms, and I'm pretty sure it'll happen soon, but the problem is vastly bigger than that.

Now of course the extreme left will completely ignore this in fear of seeming publicly insensitive but they too know the truth. I don't buy that they genuinely believe that terrorism and religion have no connection (re: Hillary Clinton tweeting that Islam and terrorism are not connected at all, Affleck's appearance on Bill Maher, etc.), but that it is merely political rhetoric.

I really don't have many words about this. I live a couple miles away from Pulse and driven by it often over the years I've lived here. Hurts man

Tragic. Two fatal incidents in Orlando within a weekend.

However, the association to Islam is inevitable.
Last edited by MyCocaine on June 12th, 2016, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4N Legend wrote:I really don't have many words about this. I live a couple miles away from Pulse and driven by it often over the years I've lived here. Hurts man
Sorry to hear that. If you know anyone personally affected by this, comfort them any way you can.

What a terrible day. How a person, despite his political or religious ideologies, is still capable of doing this to other humans, is beyond my comprehension, it's so terrifying. My condolences to the victims and their families/friends.. :cry: