Mike Brown protests in Ferguson, Missouri

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
RIFA wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Rifa just cause you've only ever experienced aryan europe doesn't mean the rest of the world deals with race so amicably
If only you'd know how aryan my side of europe is.
Cilogy wrote:Well, frankly, your post sounded rather ignorant and the logic convoluted so I'm genuinely curious about where the breadcrumbs take you, ya know? Could be fun.
I think the word 'vague' fits better. I can't be more explicit than that because then I'd be forced to go in-detail over things I'm pretty sure both of us are not really certain of. But you can call me an ignorant. Maybe I am one even if I disagree.

Either way, instead of being condescending and totally not helpful to this conversation, how about either go in and try and have a better understanding of what I'm talking about regardless of your beliefs or simply move on.
You're right, the condescension was unnecessary, I apologize.

The US has had a long history of racial tension, so it's no surprise the events in Ferguson occurred the way they did. There's racism involved on "both sides", no doubt. Sure, the Black Lives Matter movement sprung up after that as a reaction.

The textbook thing is, like I inferred, a matter of semantics, and as far as the mother is concerned, erasure. Now, whether or not it's a legitimate reason is debatable, but that was her intention. Texas textbook companies have done some shady stuff in the past in order to essentially re-write history because the board in charge is incredibly conservative and retains an agenda to fight what they think is a "liberal bias" in the classroom. Things like that have existed before Ferguson.

I'm not saying that your observation of these two events is inaccurate, nor that you're anything less than an absolutely fabulous human being. Rather, I'm suggesting that because of increased global exposure of the events in Ferguson, as well as the Black Lives Matter stuff, you're assuming a correlation is somehow a connection. You connecting the book issue to Ferguson stuff makes no sense, and the only real similarity is the fact that both topics involve black people and/or black identity. You're seeing something that isn't really there.

whew

Agree with every point you made as I was aware of it. However, this right here doesn't sit right with me.
Cilogy wrote:Rather, I'm suggesting that because of increased global exposure of the events in Ferguson, as well as the Black Lives Matter stuff, you're assuming a correlation is somehow a connection. You connecting the book issue to Ferguson stuff makes no sense, and the only real similarity is the fact that both topics involve black people and/or black identity. You're seeing something that isn't really there.
I'm not suggesting a connection, I'm raising a question. I even said earlier that this is not something of news as this happened before, but it's something that's being given way more light now considering the post-Ferguson context that we're in.

I've followed several channels, media outlets, forums, and websites that didn't pay attention to this sort of stuff before Ferguson. Now it's filled with smaller stories just like this one that add up to one particular narrative "white people are still racist". Now, there is an existing argument that it is pretty much logical for all these issues to get more exposure now as this is what's of interest and also what sells, and as someone that studied journalism and knows the ins and outs of it I can see the profit in it. Either way, I'm going to repeat what I previously said... This story is not directly related to Ferguson but it is indirectly related to the incident because without it it wouldn't get any traction in the media. Ferguson created a precedent.

My personal issue is more with the generalization that comes with this precedent. The generalizations are inevitable but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be of any concern. Anything that's directly or indirectly related to issues of such importance as race or religion should be of concern as these are at the base of the ideologies which perpetuate most of the on-going conflicts.

To understand better, I'm someone that thinks that whenever we use "black people do this" or "white people do this" we're already starting on the wrong foot. Why? Because being black or white is being part of a race. However, there's a plethora of black cultures and white cultures. A white dude can pertain to a black culture just as much as a black dude can pertain to a white culture. Therefore "white people do this" is an incorrect generalization that only fuels more the ongoing conflict. And here comes the bigger hypocrisy from some of the people that follow this Ferguson trend. What they're asking from white people is to basically NOT generalize as generalization is (considered by them) an act of racism. Like calling black guys drug dealers. That's a generalization that they want to get rid of. I'm perfectly fine with that as I'm supportive of this. However, when they start their reasoning and their complaints with "White people do this" they're basically doing the same thing. Only this time, the white guy that's not a racist but dared to defend himself and trying to take himself out of the genralization is "exposed" as being racist. And this is where the anti-white slowly crawls into our society.

So because of the historical weight of the past and the context of the current situation, it's okay for a black person to point the finger and judge all white people yet it's not okay for white people not only to do the same, but not even to defend themselves. It's this inner desire of whipping the white man. It's pretty much a modern revenge agenda that's going on. White people are pushed into a corner to feel obliged and way more sympathetic towards black people. It's becoming a forced thing and not something genuine which is never profitable for a society in the long term. The silliness of this is that this pretty much revolves around black vs white only. Nobody gives a shit about asians being shitted in US. Nobody cares about this minority. So it's an obvious racist bias here. Let me be clear, racism doesn't include just hating on another race. Racism is also the moment when you try to place your race in the center of the world.

So whites now are supposed to feel guilty and take that free whip on their back. This is something that I'm extremely against because this is also happening in Europe, especially in Germany. This feeling of guilt should not exist. And people should "fight" racism together instead of fighting it on fronts. You know what I'm saying? Black Lives Matter is of no help to anyone that really wants to "fight" racism. Yet we're pretending it is because we feel guilty.

Maybe I'm entirely wrong about this, like I said... It's still a new thing... I still need more to really make a definitive case.

Related to the previous comment. This has now more than 200k shares on twitter and tumblr.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

:facepalm:

What kind of pig you have to be to hit a woman like that?

Anyway, on one hand you have that fucker that I just posted... on the other hand you have this...

http://abc7news.com/news/exclusive-moth ... n/1108980/

... getting the same kind of attention. The guy asked for it as he assaulted with a knife and stabbed somebody right before he got shot by the police that told him to drop the knife. Were 25 shots necessary? Nope. Was killing him necessary? Nope. They could have easily shot him in the leg yet they thought 25 shots to the body makes more sense.

It is disgusting that he got murdered like that regardless if he's a murderer himself or not. But the thing is, this is an entirely different context and it shouldn't receive the same kind of attention as the above case. The above case is a clear case of fucking autism in regards to the cop. The second case is a clear case of autism in regards to both the cops and the victim.

Because of this, black people that are so vocal are not taken seriously by anyone. When you don't apply logic, when you don't look for context, when your weapons to fight supposed racism are victimization and racism itself... then there's a problem. And this happens because black people don't have a leader anymore. Someone that can teach them all of this. I mean the closest in the media industry is Kendrick... but that ain't enough when they don't have a Thurgood Marshall.