ISIL and what can be done for Middle-East

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Rick Perry is a typical example of public diarrhea.

RIFA wrote:Rick Perry is a typical example of public diarrhea.
And he has been my governor for 14 years.

Why ISIS is a threat to Saudi Arabia: Wahhabism’s deferred promise

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/wh ... ed-promise

From what I understand and know of Wahhabi/Salafism is that it refuses theological development. The reason they consider Shia or any other non-Sunni sect of Islam heretics is because they were all formed after the Prophet Muhammed. Their ideology is stuck in the first fifty years of Islam and I sincerly doubt that even those years are studied from a rational and historical point of view. They refuse to study the different schools of fiqh (Islamic laws) that developed through the last fourteen centuries. They "claim" to be able to interpret and understand theology instinctively without any historical or theological references and that in itself is a fallacy that destroys this school of thought. They’re ideology is anti-intellectualism in its purest form.

The article does a decent job of explaining the history of the Wahhabi movement but the defining moment when that ideology became prevalent was right after the Arab Cold War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Cold_War). The Saudi axis won the Arab Cold War. They have money. They use their money to influence religious groups. Had Nasser and Baath won, I’d imagine that the Arab world would not have Jihadi groups.

fuck ISIS.

From Wikipedia
ISIS had close links to al-Qaeda until February 2014, when after an eight-month power struggle, al-Qaeda cut all ties with the group, reportedly for its brutality and "notorious intractability"
Even al-Qaeda distanced themselves. :shock:

Another american journalist beheaded.

Well... not surprising. I mean... if you really want to find out how brutal they are...

There's a 30 minutes video where they behead like 6 guys. The video is arguably more brutal than the Dagestan one. They are brutal because they are very sloppy.

inb4 this turns into a movie

DoubleD wrote:
It's always good to see how Fox News gets the most thoughtful and intelligent people to speak on foreign policy matters.