Media Piracy Discussion

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far! If possible, feel free to spread the link around as well.

antovolk wrote:Kinda need your help on this guys:

Basically I'm doing a research project on film piracy and its effects, got a questionnaire up at http://avindustries.co.uk/piracy, could you please check it out and fill it in if possible?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)
Done.

The old model be outdated. New, savvy businessfolk be developing better, more immediate ways to recieve products. Legitimate businesses best catch up or be left on the dust and cheated.

I'm scared of this thread... Teddy and Alex, you guys are working for the government, right? :think:

Cilogy wrote:But when you buy something on home video, it goes to corporations, not the filmmakers. The filmmaker are oftentimes already compensated, and also sometimes receive recognition through awards.
What did I just read??? So let me get this right...

Let's say Cilogy makes a company tomorrow and decides to invest in movies. You find this director and these actors and you agree on a certain film. Now the director, actors, and everybody else involved will obviously want a paycheck for their hard work. But how can you pay them since your movie isn't even out yet? How can you pay for marketing? Oh WAIT! You either have $$$ or can bring in $$$. So there are three ways to do this..

1. You pay them from your own pocket. You get your money back from Bluray/DVD sales, boxoffice, etc. Conclusion? The money the average Joe pays for that DVD actually GOES into the artist's pocket.

2. You bring money in through investors and sponsors. You get their money back from Bluray/DVD sales, boxoffice, etc. Conclusion? The money the average Joe pays for that DVD actually GOES into the artist's pocket.

3. You don't have enough money to pay them from your own pocket, nor you can pull all the connections available to bring money in through investors and sponsors. So you basically half-pay them from your own pocket and then close deals with them from which they receive certain percentages from either the boxoffice or the DVD/Bluray sales. Conclusion? The money the average Joe pays for that DVD actually GOES into the artist's pocket.

That statement Cilogy is quite funny since I refuse to believe you don't understand what "paying in advance" means. Not to mention the awards these guys get couldn't be classified as a financial payment for their work since they don't get any substantial sums for that.

I'll even add another thing... without your money Cilogy (or in this case... without the corporate money) you wouldn't have that movie on a dvd... Matter of fact... that movie would --most definitely-- have never been made.

Point is... think twice before talking about corporations and where the money go...

RIFA wrote:
Cilogy wrote:But when you buy something on home video, it goes to corporations, not the filmmakers. The filmmaker are oftentimes already compensated, and also sometimes receive recognition through awards.
What did I just read??? So let me get this right...

Let's say Cilogy makes a company tomorrow and decides to invest in movies. You find this director and these actors and you agree on a certain film. Now the director, actors, and everybody else involved will obviously want a paycheck for their hard work. But how can you pay them since your movie isn't even out yet? How can you pay for marketing? Oh WAIT! You either have $$$ or can bring in $$$. So there are three ways to do this..

1. You pay them from your own pocket. You get your money back from Bluray/DVD sales, boxoffice, etc. Conclusion? The money the average Joe pays for that DVD actually GOES into the artist's pocket.

2. You bring money in through investors and sponsors. You get their money back from Bluray/DVD sales, boxoffice, etc. Conclusion? The money the average Joe pays for that DVD actually GOES into the artist's pocket.

3. You don't have enough money to pay them from your own pocket, nor you can pull all the connections available to bring money in through investors and sponsors. So you basically half-pay them from your own pocket and then close deals with them from which they receive certain percentages from either the boxoffice or the DVD/Bluray sales. Conclusion? The money the average Joe pays for that DVD actually GOES into the artist's pocket.

That statement Cilogy is quite funny since I refuse to believe you don't understand what "paying in advance" means. Not to mention the awards these guys get couldn't be classified as a financial payment for their work since they don't get any substantial sums for that.

I'll even add another thing... without your money Cilogy (or in this case... without the corporate money) you wouldn't have that movie on a dvd... Matter of fact... that movie would --most definitely-- have never been made.

Point is... think twice before talking about corporations and where the money go...
I would respond, but I don't even think I'm the same person I was when I posted that 7 months ago

lol

Cilogy wrote:I would respond, but I don't even think I'm the same person I was when I posted that 7 months ago

lol
Didn't realize that. I just saw this bumped and i read the thread... Forum didn't work for me for the last few days so... I came back and lots of stuff to read. Didn't paid much attention to the dates.

Pratham wrote:https://twitter.com/555uhz

Tweeting Top Gun frame-by-frame. WTF!!!
People don't know what to do anymore for some attention on twitter, facebook or tumblr. They will post anything now..