The Papal Discussion Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
prince0gotham wrote:Pope Benedict joins the cast of Star Wars 7.
So they are going to bring back the Emperor?

Great casting.

Peace wrote:I hope this isn't all they talk about on the news. When the last Pope died the coverage drove me crazy.
Tell me about it. It went on and on for hours, and Mum and I were like "just let the guy die in peace, for goodness' sake!"

MikaHaeli8 wrote:
Peace wrote:I hope this isn't all they talk about on the news. When the last Pope died the coverage drove me crazy.
Tell me about it. It went on and on for hours, and Mum and I were like "just let the guy die in peace, for goodness' sake!"
Now we are gonna have to go through the whole election cycle again... Goddamnit!

I hope the guy is young so he doesn't die for anything 30-40 years so we don't have to go through this again anytime soon.
Say Girl

This is perfect time to promote our religion. If I am not mistaken, God appointed Prince as Pope, correct? ;)
gib sigs

Pretty historic, feels pretty startling that this is the first resignation of a Pope for nearly six hundred years.
I remember there being a mandatory assembly at my school for the students to watch the funeral. Oddly enough it wasn't a Catholic school.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

darthnazgul wrote:Pretty historic, feels pretty startling that this is the first resignation of a Pope for nearly six hundred years.
I remember there being a mandatory assembly at my school for the students to watch the funeral. Oddly enough it wasn't a Catholic school.
For real? I would have so went home. What year was that anyway? If I wasn't able to drive yet I would have walked home. Like I care about some rich white dude who lives off other people's expense.. wait
Say Girl

I would probably also quit if my boss never showed up either.

Peace wrote:
darthnazgul wrote: I remember there being a mandatory assembly at my school for the students to watch the funeral. Oddly enough it wasn't a Catholic school.
For real? I would have so went home. What year was that anyway? If I wasn't able to drive yet I would have walked home. Like I care about some rich white dude who lives off other people's expense.. wait
2005. It was a shit school anyway.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

For I split second I was thinking how cool it would be if they got an African pope... but then I remembered the eat do poo poo incident :facepalm:

So nevermind.

Let's have a she-pope.
Do you... like pineapple?