Shooting At Colorado TDKR Screening

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
ShahrokhSam wrote:Just Stop this topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just shut real life out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
@sammyjankis88

My thoughts are with the families. Just despicable. I hate that this is the second Nolan Batman movie that is surrounded by tragedy. It's almost turning into a tradition now. I can't imagine what Nolan is feeling right now, as a filmmaker. Will this affect his future or perspective of making films? This event would severely affect me as an artist, and make me question what the hell I'm even doing.

Wow.... they just wanted to go see Batman. And then their lives are gone now. Their future, their careers, their future family... gone because of going to a movie they've been waiting for.

Also, this is the picture of the shooter

They tighten the security.. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169008 ... city.jhtml
My cineplex where I watched TDKR earlier is located inside a shopping mall, and to enter the mall you have to pass a metal detector or something (even my bag was checked first). It is very common in my country (Indonesia).

I am physically sick over this.

oh no... :(
High box office expectations for "The Dark Knight Rises," the final film in Warner Bros' Batman franchise, were clouded Friday by a shooting at a Colorado midnight screening of the film which killed 12 people.

The incident, in which a masked gunman opened fire on moviegoers, including children, brings a tragic conclusion to one of Hollywood's most-enduring franchises, as Warner Bros bids to find a new movie franchise capable of matching Batman's box office success.
http://www.vancouversun.com/Colorado+sh ... z21BIuLBWQ

Tragedy, How sad this could have been a great day but now this day is just do depressing.

I've been avoiding most sites for the last few days until last night's midnight showing. Went to bed at 5 am. Fell asleep with Batman to wake up to Batman. And then a friend texted me about what happened. To say my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this tragedy is a foregone conclusion. Can this kind of horror ever be understood? Ever not stop us short in our lives and make us wonder at the state of this World and how we treat each other? I have tickets for the rest of the weekend. So I'm going with my friends and family, and showing all the monsters that fear won't rule our lives.

My IMAX projector broke down twice during the film, which made me :batface:

Seems like bad things keep on happening. This is obviously so much more terrible. I actually don't get it...

apw