Shooting At Colorado TDKR Screening

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Based4Life wrote:New composition entitled Aurora by Hans Zimmer dedicated to those who were killed in the tragedy.
https://watertowermusic.moontoast.com/estore/embed/1336

"“Aurora” is dedicated to those who lost their lives and were affected by the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. I recorded this song in London in the days following the tragedy as a heartfelt tribute to the victims and their families. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Aurora Victim Relief organization."
I'm listening to it right now. It's absolutely beautiful. You all must listen to it.

Gloomy and haunting sounding. Very fitting.

Red Hood wrote:
UltraDangerLord wrote:'Dark Knight Rises' Shooter Originally Planned To Kill Christian Bale And Anne Hathaway?

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/dark-knigh ... 21283.html

JESUS CHRIST.
I saw it in a tabloid. I don't know if it's true or not.
You just answered your own question :lol:

As some of you know, I'm working on a PDF version of the TDKR script from 'The Complete Screenplays' book that was released, and after what Hans did with the Aurora single, I thought of doing something similar for the script as well.

I posted about it on my blog at http://avindustries.co.uk/post/28208168 ... script-pdf, but I'll copy/paste it here for you all to read.
Just so you know, I am still working on typing it up, unfortunately I didn’t get the chance to work on it yesterday since I was at the Olympic Opening Ceremony in London.
Now, also that day, Hans Zimmer released his charity track inspired by the tragedy that happened in Colorado on July 20, and in part by TDKR - Aurora. And the way he distributed it really caught my attention; how he used it as a donation platform (you can donate any amount you want) as well as a distribution platform. And after thinking about it for the last 24 hours, I have come to a decision about this digital transcription of the script that is most suitable at this moment in time.
When the PDF is complete, I am planning to distribute it like Hans did with Aurora - as a ‘donation reward’. I plan to set up a dedicated page on this tumblr where you can donate any amount you want to support the families of the victims of this terrible tragedy, and ‘in reward’, you would receive the script. Everyone around the world can donate, and ALL THE PROCEEDS would go directly to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund, the same charity that Hans and many others are supporting. I think that this is the most fair, and the most right way of going about distributing this, in light of the events.
But to make this happen, I would like your help. I hope there are people on here who have worked with donation platforms before, and what I need to make the whole process work, is to have a distribution system set up similar to the Aurora one, that would work as described above. If anyone who can help please get in touch with me somehow, that would be absolutely fantastic, and would really help towards making this whole venture worthwhile.
Again, thank you all for your support. As I work through the script I will be posting a few snippets, but not too many. I hope that this venture will help the families and friends of the Aurora victims, and that actions like this inspire people to help. I know what has been done so far inspired me to make this decision.
A special thank you goes to Warner Bros, the entire cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, and of course Christopher Nolan. Maybe the film will be associated with the tragedy for a long time, but I hope that our actions shine a positive light, and show the world what our community can do.
All the best,
antovolk

Actually, please ignore my above post; as great as this idea is, legally I don't think setting up a donation will work. Back to normal. My hope are still with the families of the Aurora tragedy.

This attack was a reminder that the world sux. But this time around it was an attack on me personally. Ever since 2 years old I've used the means of films to escape reality, although later in life they have proven to do otherwise.

From now on when going to the movies my thoughts will forever go to the victims of Aurora.

I would like to donate:

TheProfessor wrote:This attack was a reminder that the world sux. But this time around it was an attack on me personally. Ever since 2 years old I've used the means of films to escape reality, although later in life they have proven to do otherwise.

From now on when going to the movies my thoughts will forever go to the victims of Aurora.
Yeah but mostly the people who are idiots that decide to kill people.
Brave New World

If it was Brave or Madagascar 3, it would've been much worse.

antovolk wrote:As some of you know, I'm working on a PDF version of the TDKR script from 'The Complete Screenplays' book that was released, and after what Hans did with the Aurora single, I thought of doing something similar for the script as well.

I posted about it on my blog at http://avindustries.co.uk/post/28208168 ... script-pdf, but I'll copy/paste it here for you all to read.
Just so you know, I am still working on typing it up, unfortunately I didn’t get the chance to work on it yesterday since I was at the Olympic Opening Ceremony in London.
Now, also that day, Hans Zimmer released his charity track inspired by the tragedy that happened in Colorado on July 20, and in part by TDKR - Aurora. And the way he distributed it really caught my attention; how he used it as a donation platform (you can donate any amount you want) as well as a distribution platform. And after thinking about it for the last 24 hours, I have come to a decision about this digital transcription of the script that is most suitable at this moment in time.
When the PDF is complete, I am planning to distribute it like Hans did with Aurora - as a ‘donation reward’. I plan to set up a dedicated page on this tumblr where you can donate any amount you want to support the families of the victims of this terrible tragedy, and ‘in reward’, you would receive the script. Everyone around the world can donate, and ALL THE PROCEEDS would go directly to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund, the same charity that Hans and many others are supporting. I think that this is the most fair, and the most right way of going about distributing this, in light of the events.
But to make this happen, I would like your help. I hope there are people on here who have worked with donation platforms before, and what I need to make the whole process work, is to have a distribution system set up similar to the Aurora one, that would work as described above. If anyone who can help please get in touch with me somehow, that would be absolutely fantastic, and would really help towards making this whole venture worthwhile.
Again, thank you all for your support. As I work through the script I will be posting a few snippets, but not too many. I hope that this venture will help the families and friends of the Aurora victims, and that actions like this inspire people to help. I know what has been done so far inspired me to make this decision.
A special thank you goes to Warner Bros, the entire cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, and of course Christopher Nolan. Maybe the film will be associated with the tragedy for a long time, but I hope that our actions shine a positive light, and show the world what our community can do.
All the best,
antovolk
Wait, you're written a TDKR script? That's great! You're going to have to watch TDKR dozens of times to get the dialogue right, though. Can't wait to see the finished product. :-D Oh, I think I'm celebrating in the wrong thread, though. Shame on me.