Hannibal (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pratham wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 9:54 am
First Penny Dreadful, then Hannibal, and then American Gods.

Why can't we get a gothic/horror show without it getting mutilated (pun unintended)?
tbh I didn't start American Gods because I sorta expected this to happen, and I hate shows that don't follow through.

And the cycle continues. :?

Numbers wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 1:11 pm
Pratham wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 9:54 am
First Penny Dreadful, then Hannibal, and then American Gods.

Why can't we get a gothic/horror show without it getting mutilated (pun unintended)?
tbh I didn't start American Gods because I sorta expected this to happen, and I hate shows that don't follow through.
Well, at least American Gods' first season is top notch and that on itself won't be touched so.... We'll always have that.

Just came here to say...

I'm so sorry, Bryan Fuller's Hannibal, I was so... so wrong.

Finally bought the whole thing on blu-ray, re-visited the entirety of season one and now finishing season two.

Thoughts atm? This must be what David Lynch's Twin Peaks felt like back in the days. It's revolutionary. My brain wasn't ready couple of years back because I was struggling with the serial baroque killer of the week concept. It evolved way past that so many times since that. <3

m4st4 wrote:
July 7th, 2015, 2:44 pm
I'm just saying, if you like the atmosphere and quality of Hannibal (I can at least appreciate that even if it's not my cuppa for different reasons) - you will appreciate Penny Dreadful, especially now that it has, ironically, bright future on tv.

Equally stellar cast, major development of characters and story lines, top notch production for a gothic niche show.
ooof :(

I know right. But it should've been better in the end, the creator betrayed the characters too. So it's double sad. I consider PD to be a two season show now.

Season two is just *chefs kiss*

m4st4 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 3:02 pm
I know right. But it should've been better in the end, the creator betrayed the characters too. So it's double sad. I consider PD to be a two season show now.
Season 3, particularly the last half, is by far the weakest season, but how did Fuller betray the characters?

also, the actual finale is terrific.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 4:57 pm
m4st4 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 3:02 pm
Season 3, particularly the last half, is by far the weakest season, but how did Fuller betray the characters?

also, the actual finale is terrific.

-Vader
Oh no, we were talking Penny Dreadful s03 finale. :)

So s03 Hannibal is overall good? What are your thoughts on Red Dragon adaptation? I'm on s02e13.

ooh my b. S3 is very very good. the first half goes full hallucinatory art house and completely batty for network TV, the second half becomes almost a red dragon mini-series that, I feel, isn't amazing but solid. the actual series finale is perfect, though.

-Vader