Justice League (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Heres a quote from Geoff Johns in 2010:

On The Plans For A Justice League Movie:

Asked about the possibility of shared-universe films á la Marvel, Johns said, "I'm going to speak frankly: I think our characters are bigger than Marvel's." He said that he'd rather spend time building each character on his or her own rather than "smashing them together."

Huh, wonder what changed. What could it be...
:lol: But, honestly, I don't really think this can work to well, I would be more interested in a World's Finest movie.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111805 ... =RSS|News|
According sources close to the development process, the studio learned that when making a superhero pic, it needs to tap creatives that genuinely understand the characters the way Joss Whedon was comfortable with "The Avengers".

DC Execs are excitedly discussing all of the projects in motion with the major exception of its films.

The main reason: Christopher Nolan. With the filmmaker having relaunched Batman, and producing Superman pic, WB has increasingly put more control of its DC films in Nolan's hands.

That's similar to how WB entrusted producer David Heyman with all eight "Harry Potter" films.

Nolan has long preferred not to talk about his projects until their release, preserving some of that "movie magic" for the bigscreen.

It's why only one image of Henry Cavill as Superman has been released so far, with the first official footage of "Man of Steel" likely to play at Comic-Con in San Diego next month.

Warner Bros. isn't expected to make any concrete moves on the DC film front until after the third Batpic opens on July 20. Putting so much power in Nolan's hands is an interesting move -- especially as the filmmaker does not have a first-look deal at the studio. Still, WB is showing signs of veering into adventurous creative territory.

If Nolan can pull off with DC what Heyman did with HP, while somehow maintaining his directorial career, he will become one of the absolute titans of the industry.

Of course, Man of Steel is yet to hit. That's the real litmus test.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111805 ... um=twitter

Okay, NOW you can worry about the spinoff stuff.

Not sure why they'd do a Green Arrow movie when they're literally just starting a TV series. Even with Smallville I recall the producers saying Returns made development rough.

I really hope Nolan doesn't get involved with this.

Mason wrote:I really hope Nolan doesn't get involved with this.
Same here and frankly, I would like him to get away from any comic/superhero related stuff after Man of Steel is out.

Mason wrote:I really hope Nolan doesn't get involved with this.
+1
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Yeah. If Nolan ever did revisit the genre, it'd probably more in an 'Unbreakable' style kind of way: not an adaptation, but sort of a breakdown of it.

SilverHeart wrote:Yeah. If Nolan ever did revisit the genre, it'd probably more in an 'Unbreakable' style kind of way: not an adaptation, but sort of a breakdown of it.
You could already argue that he's had a fair whack at doing that already.

I'd think he'd want to mature as a filmmaker in terms of what he's directing, but as token producing overlord I don't think there'd be any problem. Again, this all hinges on how good Man of Steel is.