Fox's The Following

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I saw the first two episodes a few hours ago. Though it's sometimes predictable, this show is promising. I like it. :twothumbsup:

Pretty good show so far! Although it definitely tries to be a lot like 24, it's definitely nowhere near as good. It just kinda bothered me when Ryan
tortured that guy
though. At least when Jack Bauer did it, his excuse was that WMD's were seconds away from going off. But then again, it was a clear attempt to emulate 24. Looks like FOX and Kevin Williams are trying to make Ryan Hardy the new Jack Bauer. Which I completely understand why they would want to do that. Not going to work though. :lol:

Anyway, overt 24 references aside, it's not a bad show! I'll definitely continue to watch! :thumbup:

Nice finale! I enjoyed it a lot! :-D

Finale was pretty good. Just concerned that now that
Joe is dead, if it will be worth watching next year. And if they pull a "he's not dead" trick, then it really won't be worth watching.
Anyway, not the best season finale I've ever seen, but definitely really good. Although did anyone else notice the blatant mistake when
Joe was supposed to be screaming for his life yet his mouth wasn't moving. :lol:

BatMan528491 wrote:Finale was pretty good. Just concerned that now that
Joe is dead, if it will be worth watching next year. And if they pull a "he's not dead" trick, then it really won't be worth watching.
Anyway, not the best season finale I've ever seen, but definitely really good. Although did anyone else notice the blatant mistake when
Joe was supposed to be screaming for his life yet his mouth wasn't moving. :lol:
I didn't watch it, and probably want, but I've seen where a few people compared the finale to 24. Dis true?
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
BatMan528491 wrote:Finale was pretty good. Just concerned that now that
I didn't watch it, and probably want, but I've seen where a few people compared the finale to 24. Dis true?
Compared to the quality of 24, absolutely not. But all series long they've been copying plot points from 24 and making Ryan Hardy like Jack Bauer more and more. Williamson (creator of The Following) has already said that he is a huge 24 fan and enjoys the comparisons lol but the comments you're hearing come from (spoilers from the season finale ahead, but since you're not watching it anyway...)
A main character's life at stake, and she is literally running out of time (buried under ground)
Ryan brutally torturing the man who knows where she is with his superior's knowledge
After a main character's death, Ryan is overcome with grief and murders the suspect they have in custody. (Think the first hour of season 5, when Jack finds Palmer's killer and kills him. It plays out almost exactly like that. The camera angle, everything)
There's plenty more examples but those are the main ones that jumped out to me. But if anyone you're hearing from is actually comparing The Following finale to 24 quality-wise then they are nuts. :lol: Especially the season 1 finale of 24. Almost every episode of 24 season 1 absolutely destroys every episode of The Following so far.

That being said, I do enjoy the show. There's just some things they really need to change for next season or I won't be watching much longer.

BatMan528491 wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
Compared to the quality of 24, absolutely not. But all series long they've been copying plot points from 24 and making Ryan Hardy like Jack Bauer more and more. Williamson (creator of The Following) has already said that he is a huge 24 fan and enjoys the comparisons lol but the comments you're hearing come from (spoilers from the season finale ahead, but since you're not watching it anyway...)
A main character's life at stake, and she is literally running out of time (buried under ground)
Ryan brutally torturing the man who knows where she is with his superior's knowledge
After a main character's death, Ryan is overcome with grief and murders the suspect they have in custody. (Think the first hour of season 5, when Jack finds Palmer's killer and kills him. It plays out almost exactly like that. The camera angle, everything)
There's plenty more examples but those are the main ones that jumped out to me. But if anyone you're hearing from is actually comparing The Following finale to 24 quality-wise then they are nuts. :lol: Especially the season 1 finale of 24. Almost every episode of 24 season 1 absolutely destroys every episode of The Following so far.

That being said, I do enjoy the show. There's just some things they really need to change for next season or I won't be watching much longer.
Wow. Yeah I know I want be watching now. The comparisons weren't about quality, just that Following was ripping off 24. Which people were pissed about.

And if the comparisons were that bad, I think I'll just watch 24 again instead.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
BatMan528491 wrote:

Wow. Yeah I know I want be watching now. The comparisons weren't about quality, just that Following was ripping off 24. Which people were pissed about.

And if the comparisons were that bad, I think I'll just watch 24 again instead.
I am! Just about to start season 2... Haven't seen this one in a while, very excited.

Although I do have to say it is cool to see 24 still having an influence on popular serial drama's today. The fact that it airs on FOX Mondays at 9 is even funnier though. :lol:

http://xfinity-blogs.cim.comcast.net/bl ... oks-ahead/
If he pulls off a 'Joe faked his death' thing that will be so stupid. And it will be very interesting to see how he plans to make the FBI more competent.
@DoubleD, look at that! Kevin Wlliamson says they shot/wrote 3 different endings for the finale! Remember what other show wrote 3 different endings for its first season finale? :lol:

And you totally should rewatch the show. You should organize a board-wide rewatch of 24, I would do it! Much better than The Following. :lol: