True Detective (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So, anyone seen this?

Even Allstar has given up on Pizzalato :lol:

Been hearing this season is quite good actually and want to watch it, I just haven’t got around to it yet due to some bad shit happening in my life at the current moment.

this is familiar and a tad too subdued, but very good and Ali is extraordinary

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
Extremely reminiscent of S1... so I love it

Loved the first two episodes. Ali, Dorff, and McNairy are very good.

Agree with the guys above.

This feels very much like s1 so far. Very good.

When people say this feels more like season 1 it does not exactly fill me with confidence, seeing as that season bungled its ending really badly.

I'm by now actually open to the argument that season 2 of the show was more consistently good at what it was trying to do and delivering that by the end of its run.

Batfan175 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 2:35 am
When people say this feels more like season 1 it does not exactly fill me with confidence, seeing as that season bungled its ending really badly.

I'm by now actually open to the argument that season 2 of the show was more consistently good at what it was trying to do and delivering that by the end of its run.
Horrible opinions for 500 please.

Oku
"It's like poetry, they rhyme."

It does feel like a remix of season 1, but done better. (Or maybe I'm just not remembering season 1 all that well? Nonetheless, I have no desire to re-watch season 1.)

I'm intrigued where it's going.

Batfan175 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 2:35 am

I do have distinct memories of hating the season 1 climax, with so many moments that made me go, "Don't go there!!"/"Why would you do that??"/"Well that's just convenient, isn't it? :roll: "

Of course, this was years ago and my tastes have changed hugely since then.