The Counselor (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Woops, didnt see that Law posted this before me. Sorry.

Jax_Teller wrote:Woops, didnt see that Law posted this before me. Sorry.

Ooops. You're the troll who is all over these threads day and night who likes calling other people trolls who don't post here all day and night like you do.

Nice! :facepalm:

Forum Pro
Law
DKnight007 wrote:

Ooops. You're the troll who is all over these threads day and night who likes calling other people trolls who don't post here all day and night like you do.

what the hell

Law wrote:
DKnight007 wrote:

what the hell
He does that often.

DKnight007, this applies to you:

DKnight007 wrote:

Take a look at your life choices.

He's going to flip out at everyone when he revisits this thread. I can't wait... :D

What the hell was that?

So, in addition to The Counselor's absence at any and all film festival screenings around the world, 20th Century Fox seems to be limiting the number of advanced screenings by an alarming margin as well. Since this is almost always done when studios don't think critic buzz and/or word of mouth would be strong, I'm getting nervous. I'm trying to be excited, I have faith in Scott, I love the cast, I love some Mccarthy, but, look— the most recent example of a studio doing this is with Carrie, which just had its debut this weekend, rocking a 49% on Rotten Tomatoes. The footage wasn't inspiring to begin with, curious maybe, but definitely not arousing an awful lot of excitement, so when I see the studio's behavior, I worry.

Maybe they're going to open some of the channels I'm describing as soon as next week hits, and this was all to avoid negative comparisons to strong awards contenders from the past two weeks like Captain Philips or 12 Years a Slave, but I don't think apprehension can be blamed at this point. I'm seeing it opening weekend no matter what (or earlier if there's screenings and I get in), but that's my appraisal of the situation.

-Vader