Best David Fincher Film (Poll)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

What is David Fincher's Best Film?

Alien 3
1%
Se7en
21%
The Game
1%
Fight Club
28%
Panic Room
No votes
Zodiac
19%
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
2%
The Social Network
22%
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
5%

Total votes: 137

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Rifa is wrong as usual. You can think any film is a masterpiece it's just a matter of opinion. There is no bullshit criteria for what a masterpiece is.
:facepalm:

Nope. Here you go confusing your personal viewing with the general consensus.

If I say the sky is white because that's how I view it would it mean that I'm right?
If I say that Saw V is a masterpiece because that's how I view it would it mean that I'm right?

Maybe in my own head yes but even that is questionable. What I can tell for sure is that as far as the accepted general consensus goes I'm pretty much wrong.

What you say is actually describing relativism and a lot of people use that as a "shield" to protect their weird or uncommonly choices. They use the "it only matter how I view it" and neglect the general consensus or the general acceptance of a criteria pushing the relativism thing.

Based on that then everything it's relative and everything is both a masterpiece and a garbage-ass movie because some lunatic might view The Godfather as a garbage ass movie.

And yes, to declare that something is a masterpiece you need to back that up with something more than just "well that's how I see it because I loved it".. You need to have a criteria, a logical explanation of why did you named that "X" movie a masterpiece. Once your criteria lacks of any necessary characteristics your credibility fails and your opinion simply doesn't matter since it's parallel with the universe we live in.

EDIT: And the most important thing. A movie is considered to be a masterpiece when the general response to that is positive and the general consensus is that the movie meets the general criteria. So, the general public names a masterpiece not your individual liking. If you refuse that, that's like accepting to live inside your own fantasy where No Strings Attached and Gigli are masterpieces.

RIFA wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Rifa is wrong as usual. You can think any film is a masterpiece it's just a matter of opinion. There is no bullshit criteria for what a masterpiece is.
:facepalm:

Nope. Here you go confusing your personal viewing with the general consensus.

If I say the sky is white because that's how I view it would it mean that I'm right?
If I say that Saw V is a masterpiece because that's how I view it would it mean that I'm right?

Maybe in my own head yes but even that is questionable. What I can tell for sure is that as far as the accepted general consensus goes I'm pretty much wrong.

What you say is actually describing relativism and a lot of people use that as a "shield" to protect their weird or uncommonly choices. They use the "it only matter how I view it" and neglect the general consensus or the general acceptance of a criteria pushing the relativism thing.

Based on that then everything it's relative and everything is both a masterpiece and a garbage-ass movie because some lunatic might view The Godfather as a garbage ass movie.

And yes, to declare that something is a masterpiece you need to back that up with something more than just "well that's how I see it because I loved it".. You need to have a criteria, a logical explanation of why did you named that "X" movie a masterpiece. Once your criteria lacks of any necessary characteristics your credibility fails and your opinion simply doesn't matter since it's parallel with the universe we live in.

EDIT: And the most important thing. A movie is considered to be a masterpiece when the general response to that is positive and the general consensus is that the movie meets the general criteria. So, the general public names a masterpiece not your individual liking. If you refuse that, that's like accepting to live inside your own fantasy where No Strings Attached and Gigli are masterpieces.
Nope wrong.

Wow didn't know Allstar had two accounts on here...

RomanM wrote:Wow didn't know Allstar had two accounts on here...
Sorry I'm not going to waste my time reading a five paragraph essay when he's wrong anyway.

Why are you apologizing to me, I didn't write the paragraph you're ignorantly dismissing. Do as you please.

RomanM wrote:Why are you apologizing to me, I didn't write the paragraph you're ignorantly dismissing. Do as you please.
I'm sorry for apologizing to you.

Jesus Christ, RIFA give it up, just let him have his opinion. If he enjoys this next Larsson film enough to where he thinks it's a masterpiece...is IS to HIM. It's a reflection of HIM.

you might as well be arguing with someone for thinking Olive Garden spaghetti tastes great.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Fight Club

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote: Nope wrong.
:facepalm: That's it. I'm done arguing since you clearly haven't proved in any way how I would be wrong.
SantomTheWhite wrote:Jesus Christ, RIFA give it up, just let him have his opinion. If he enjoys this next Larsson film enough to where he thinks it's a masterpiece...is IS to HIM. It's a reflection of HIM.

you might as well be arguing with someone for thinking Olive Garden spaghetti tastes great.
I don't care about his opinion (to each his own) but I do care about ignorant and stupid statements.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Sorry I'm not going to waste my time reading a five paragraph essay when he's wrong anyway.
How would you know when you didn't read it? :lol: :facepalm:

RIFA wrote::facepalm: That's it. I'm done arguing since you clearly haven't proved in any way how I would be wrong
It's common knowledge. Look it up.