Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
davids wrote:
davids wrote:This is a photo of the director:

Gotye anyone??

It's uncanny for me.
I see it, but did you really have to quote yourself and post AGAIN just to get across your point?

It was a decent movie. Most people in my theater liked it.

Durden wrote:It was a decent movie.
This is what I expected when I first saw the trailer but the reviews have been fantastic. Care to elaborate at all?

Hard one to elaborate on..the film succeeds in most everything it trys to do. The only issue is I am not a big fan of films that consist of only action lol...so can't say I loved it like others.

The ending was a little flat for me as well. Blunt was badass but nothing new for her. I still can't wait to see what she brings in Sicario, she is very capable I think.

Vader182 wrote:It's the best blockbuster of summer so far, and the first I'm genuinely eager to see a second time.

-Vader
For real?

Durden wrote:Blunt was badass but nothing new for her. I still can't wait to see what she brings in Sicario, she is very capable I think.

Allstar wrote:
Durden wrote:Blunt was badass but nothing new for her. I still can't wait to see what she brings in Sicario, she is very capable I think.
My bad. I just haven't been impressed really outside of Looper. Liked her here as well, but think we haven't seen her at her best yet.

Devil Wears Prada anyone?

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
The Adjustment Bureau
Looper
Devil Wears Prada
Charlie Wilson's War

Naming her films won't change my mind. Keep in mind I do like her, not trying to put her down. Just not a huge fan of her choices until now.