Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:I saw the animated one. It was....different to say the least.
I saw that one as well. I actually really enjoyed it despite it's crappy plot. It handled the characters of all the turtles pretty well I reckon.

Even though it took Leo way to long to find out the loner vigilante dressed like a giant metal turtle was, in fact, Raph. I think even Casey Jones figured it out quicker than he did, if I recall.

BlairCo wrote:Ironically, the only original TMNT film I've seen is the 3rd one.
That's sad. The third was the one that sucked. Me and anyone else who grew up with the first two when we were kids, will tell you that they're awesome. They're made for kids so critics shouldn't be so hard on them. At the same time, they were gritty for their time, even though they were Ninja Turtle movies with tons of laughs.

^Dead? It's barely out and it's already making money, quality aside.

m4st4 wrote:^Dead? It's barely out and it's already making money, quality aside.
True, no doubt it will make money. I just hope it isn't followed by another film of the same quality.
Also did not care for the new origin at all. Guillermo Del Toro doing a Turtles movie would be an intriguing change-up IMO.

First I have to see it to judge but at least there's Nickelodeon, TV series is great.

m4st4 wrote:^Dead? It's barely out and it's already making money, quality aside.
It's true:
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” raced to an estimated $25 million first day Friday, putting Paramount's pizza-eating comic book reptiles on course for an opening weekend north of $60 million.
http://www.thewrap.com/ninja-turtles-bl ... ox-office/

That's actually not that bad. Projections were for 40. Not much better, but still, impressive.