American Hustle (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's like in The Fighter where the character has some comedic moments. The lead is a smart ass, snarky, and funny. It will end up really good if this Russell/Bale team up happens because Russell was the big reason behind the light/comedic moments in The Fighter.

TalkOnCorners wrote:It's like in The Fighter where the character has some comedic moments. The lead is a smart ass, snarky, and funny. It will end up really good if this Russell/Bale team up happens because Russell was the big reason behind the light/comedic moments in The Fighter.

it could end up being a comedy...think the Steven Sodenbergh movie with Damon

madcowre wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote: I have it saved at my personal laptop. I can send it to you later when I get home. :thumbup:
:twothumbsup: Thank you!
Sent! :thumbup:

Bradley Cooper Joining Christian Bale In David O. Russell's 'American Bullshit'; Megan Ellison May Fund

David O. Russell isn't straying too far from his recent tried and true collaborations. Reports surfaced earlier this year that Christian Bale and his "Fighter" director would be re-teaming again for a Black List script called, "American Bullshit." Written by Eric Warren Singer ("The International"), and a project that Ben Affleck was eyeing in January, it appears that not only is Bale in talks to star, but Russell's most-current lead Bradley Cooper (he stars in "The Silver Linings Playbook") is on board as well.
Additionally appealing, adventurous heiress Megan Ellison and her Annapurna Pictures are in talks to fund the film. While he's always attached to several projects at once, the idea of Russell directing Bale and Cooper in a '70s-set FBI drama sounds much more appealing than any of the projects the "I Heart Huckabees" has formally tethered himself to lately. Sony Pictures is expected to distribute and the picture is aiming for a budget in the $30-$40 million range. More importantly, this looks like it might be Russell's next picture if the negotiations go well.

Based on the true story of Abscam, the FBI's 1980 undercover sting operation of Congress to root out corruption, the project the brainchild of Melvin Weinberg, who was hired by the bureau to run the investigation. The operation targeted thirty-one officials and led to eleven convictions and while it came under scrutiny for its unorthodox methods, all the convictions were upheld on appeal. [Deadline]

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... d-20120418

Bradley Cooper?? :sick:
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

This sounds really great. :thumbup:

Monicabbm wrote:Bradley Cooper Joining Christian Bale In David O. Russell's 'American Bullshit'; Megan Ellison May Fund

David O. Russell isn't straying too far from his recent tried and true collaborations. Reports surfaced earlier this year that Christian Bale and his "Fighter" director would be re-teaming again for a Black List script called, "American Bullshit." Written by Eric Warren Singer ("The International"), and a project that Ben Affleck was eyeing in January, it appears that not only is Bale in talks to star, but Russell's most-current lead Bradley Cooper (he stars in "The Silver Linings Playbook") is on board as well.
Additionally appealing, adventurous heiress Megan Ellison and her Annapurna Pictures are in talks to fund the film. While he's always attached to several projects at once, the idea of Russell directing Bale and Cooper in a '70s-set FBI drama sounds much more appealing than any of the projects the "I Heart Huckabees" has formally tethered himself to lately. Sony Pictures is expected to distribute and the picture is aiming for a budget in the $30-$40 million range. More importantly, this looks like it might be Russell's next picture if the negotiations go well.

Based on the true story of Abscam, the FBI's 1980 undercover sting operation of Congress to root out corruption, the project the brainchild of Melvin Weinberg, who was hired by the bureau to run the investigation. The operation targeted thirty-one officials and led to eleven convictions and while it came under scrutiny for its unorthodox methods, all the convictions were upheld on appeal. [Deadline]

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... d-20120418

Bradley Cooper?? :sick:
Dodd is going to be a happy camper.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Posting the original exclusive from Deadline:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/megan-e ... ey-cooper/
While the acquisitions landscape is showing signs of that pre-Cannes dullness, a big deal is in the works for Megan Ellison and her Annapurna Pictures to fully fund American Bullshit, the drama that has David O Russell attached to direct, with Christian Bale also attached and Bradley Cooper in talks. The Eric Singer-scripted drama–which not surprisingly will get a different title–is about the 70s FBI sting operation Abscam that took down a bunch of U.S. congressmen. It is being produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle through Atlas Entertainment. Sony Pictures is the likely distributor; Atlas developed the film there. The studio was always looking for a partner, but Ellison evidently has decided to take all the risk and fund a budget I’m told is in the mid-$30 million to $40 million range. The hope is to close a deal and start production in January, but deals have to be made with talent and Russell has several possible next projects, including the Warner Bros Colombian hostage rescue pic The Mission that has the eye of Brad Pitt.

You might remember Deadline wrote about the project after Russell’s camp initially denied he was involved (I stupidly held it), and then his name started surfacing in trade reports and I tried to decipher who was bullshitting whom. Deadline revealed then that the potential star was Bale, who won an Oscar in the Russell-directed The Fighter. Russell later confirmed to me that he was in discussions to reunite with the actor, but that this was only one of several projects he was considering. Now I’m hearing that Cooper is also part of the package that is being sewn up by CAA. This is starting to look real.

The deal isn’t done yet but it will bring It brings another topical pricey project to Annapurna, and maybe a Cannes warmup for Ellison.

Awesome title! Sounds like something Christian would say.

Megan Ellison is a film goddess.

TalkOnCorners wrote:Megan Ellison is a film goddess.
This.