American Hustle (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Some great reviews for this film popping up. Still undecided as to which film I'm anticipating more, this or The Wolf of Wall Street.

-ArmouredTitan- wrote:Some great reviews for this film popping up. Still undecided as to which film I'm anticipating more, this or The Wolf of Wall Street.
That's irelevant. I think I'm gonna enjoy The Wolf of Wall Street more than I enjoyed American Hustle, but that doesn't affect either film from being great.

A very interesting film. Bale is utterly exceptional though - the true standout.

ArmandFancypants wrote:A very interesting film. Bale is utterly exceptional though - the true standout.
I don't think anyone is a standout really; everyone held their own against each other.

ArmandFancypants wrote:A very interesting film. Bale is utterly exceptional though - the true standout.
Thoughts on Adams and how big is DeNiro's role?£

Master Virgo wrote:
I know the question wasn't posed at me, but I'll gladly share my opinion.

Adams was fantastic. She had so many things she had to juggle with her character, since she is playing a con artist with so many personalities that she had to make convincing.

DeNiro is probably in the film for about 3-4 minutes, but it's a key role for the plot.

Master Virgo wrote:
Adams is curious. I think there are parts of her performance that work and others that don't.

Given the tone of the film, I think a more convincing English accent might have worked better for the purposes of disparity, not necessarily "realism"

EDIT: Morning after, and I've realised that I wanna go see it again. Usually a good sign. Have got 10538 stuck in my head, which might have something to do with it.

Also "Dirty Work" over the titles is genius. The only shame is that it wasn't a full title sequence and the full song - the lyric "Like a castle in its corner in a medieval game, I foresee terrible trouble, and I stay here just the same" would have been most appropriate.

A+

Cooper stays winning

I saw this at an advanced screening and it was really good.

The soundtrack is...whoa...

Werq.

GothamGirl wrote:I saw this at an advanced screening and it was really good.

The soundtrack is...whoa...

Werq.
jealous

-Vader