The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:And the award for best trailer of 2013 goes to...

Forum Pro
Law

George wrote:It looks like a very well-made thriller, with what I'm sure will be one of Hanks' best performances in a while, and... well, yeah. What else? We've already seen Paul Greengrass work within this sort of claustrophobic, fact-based thriller framework with United 93. And on top of that there's already a great film about this story called A Hijacking http://www.metacritic.com/movie/a-hijacking. It's hard to really build anticipation or long-term excitement around a film that doesn't appear to be particularly unique or groundbreaking.
Interesting... I had no idea there was already a film made about this. As for Captain Phillips, I think it has all the ingredients for a great film: tense action, compelling drama, great story, sharp direction, great performances, etc. It was also just recently announced that it will be opening at NYFF which is a great sign. I have a feeling this will be a big bounce back for Greengrass after the financial flop and mixed reviews of Green Zone.

Words can't describe how badly I want to see this movie.

It looks like it's fishing for Oscars, but I'm really digging the very solid cinematography, and it's nice to see Stiller and Wigg in a more serious film.

This looks gorgeous. It's nice to see Stiller doing something different of his previous films. Definitely the best trailer of the year so far

theseeker9175 wrote:the best trailer of the year so far

Allstar wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:the best trailer of the year so far
No. :blank:

Trailer was excellent! Nice work Stiller.

Law wrote:

LOL

no.

Adam Scott FTW