Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:Besides the cinematography and Casey Affleck's performance, nothing else was really interesting in The Assassination of Jesse James. The rest of the cast was exceedingly average, and the ending went on a little bit too long.
The first 30 mins (train robbery) was stunning!

Lost so much steam after that. I found it incredibly boring, pretentious, and over acted...not to mention extremely difficult to follow.

Forum Pro
Law
GothamGirl wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Besides the cinematography and Casey Affleck's performance, nothing else was really interesting in The Assassination of Jesse James. The rest of the cast was exceedingly average, and the ending went on a little bit too long.
The first 30 mins (train robbery) was stunning!

Lost so much steam after that. I found it incredibly boring, pretentious, and over acted...not to mention extremely difficult to follow.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
wow gtfo for real

FreakLikeMe wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:I tried to watch Breakfast Club once and literally do not see what the big deal is. Maybe it's a generational thing, but...
It may be a generational thing, but I'm a nineties child and it evoked some interesting thoughts in my mind about life in the eighties even though I never experienced it.
SilverHeart wrote:I was born in the mid-nineties. What exactly makes the movie stand out in particular?
Pedal Faster.

GothamGirl wrote:Apparently I'm in the minority when I say that "The Assassination of Jesse James" was a piece of shit.
This hurts my soul.

Bronson is Winding Refen's best film.

BlairCo wrote:Bronson is Winding Refen's best film.

It is kind of pretentious.

SilverHeart wrote:I tried to watch Breakfast Club once and literally do not see what the big deal is. Maybe it's a generational thing, but...
It seems that perception is more important than reality when it comes to that film.

I've mentioned before that I identify more with the Paul Gleason character than the rest. If you want a film about teenage experience and societal pressure, just go for American Graffiti. At least that's fun.

I think The Great Gatsby is a great movie.