Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:V for Vendetta is fantastic film in general and a severely underrated superhero film. It's also greater than every Marvel film ever made (maybe a tie with X2, but I'd have to think about it more).
The Avengers?
Brave New World

Bacon wrote:V for Vendetta is fantastic film in general and a severely underrated superhero film. It's also greater than every Marvel film ever made (maybe a tie with X2, but I'd have to think about it more).
I wouldn't call it underrated, it has a huge cult following. I think it is great as well. Better than any Marvel film for sure IMO.

RyanRises wrote:
The Avengers?
Yes.

Skyab23 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
American Beauty is, I think, a rather poorly written film where everyone says EXACTLY what they're thinking all the time. It's beautifully shot, but I've never been a fan of it, despite being a fan of Mendes.
I'm guessing you're not a Tarantino fan then, considering his films are all about the characters explaining exactly what they're thinking and feeling.
No they're not. Tarantino's characters discuss their philosophies, not their emotions. That's quite different.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

The first Crank was a really good action movie.

:clap:

ComptonTerry wrote:The first Crank was a really good action movie.
Not controversial.
Brave New World

Gamer is far better than both Crank films.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Gamer is far better than both Crank films.
Haven't seen it so I can't say, but I thought Crank 2 was terrible so I don't doubt it's better than that.

Personally, I would say it's a movie with lots of moments (read: dialogues) I would define as masterful, which when put together into a film don't result in a masterful one, however. Still good to great, though I would say you're being too extreme and there are Marvel films (basically Iron Man, The Avengers and the aforementioned X2 that are better overall, even if V for Vendetta has greater moments than any of them).

It is not underrated however, as it's said, it has a large cult following. Glad you loved it by the way.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.