Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
-m4000

Jeez. If I had a dollar for every time I've seen m4 tell someone to not bother him with their presence (basically just saying "stop talking to me because I'm losing an argument") or something along those lines, I'd have enough to buy a Blu-Ray player.

Bacon wrote:I'd have enough to buy a Blu-Ray player.
Dude, I could just loan you some money,

I like Troy? I guess because it's an easily digestible "epic" with a solid B Pitty performance. Not that the film itself is all that great, but it has it's moments. The Achilles/Hector fight is pretty awesome.

ChristNolan wrote:I like Troy? I guess because it's an easily digestible "epic" with a solid B Pitty performance. Not that the film itself is all that great, but it has it's moments. The Achilles/Hector fight is pretty awesome.
I think Pitt is terrible but Bana is good, and the older thesps (Cox, Gleeson, O'Toole, Bean) are fun. And HOLY SHIT Nigel Terry is in it for some reason.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but it's the Top Gun of sword-and-sandle films.

Would have been monumental if Yared's fucking legendary original score had been kept instead of the last minute Horner recycling job.

I only saw it once long ago now and don't even remember if I finished it. I thought it was kinda fun at the time. As a big Pitt fan though I have to agree he was very bad in that. That's one of the things I remember most about it actually

Hm, I thought he was fun to watch. He delivered his lines in an odd way like he was sort of mocking himself or something. I dunno it worked for me.

ChristNolan wrote:Hm, I thought he was fun to watch. He delivered his lines in an odd way like he was sort of mocking himself or something. I dunno it worked for me.
You sack of wine!

I love Troy. Love it. Wish there were more movies like it. It's a popcorn epic that's not afraid of cheese. I adore the rivalry between Hector and Achilles. I'd also go ahead and say the fight scenes are some of my favorite in sword battles. Also the final 15 minutes is great.
Last edited by Sky007 on February 11th, 2015, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.