Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:If I walked into the snootiest film lecture I could find and said I think The Empire Strikes Back is simply the most well blended and perhaps overall best film ever made, what reactions would I get?
mass suicide

ChristNolan wrote:If I walked into the snootiest film lecture I could find and said I think The Empire Strikes Back is simply the most well blended and perhaps overall best film ever made, what reactions would I get?
I've done this more than once. Honestly, I've outseen everybody in the room and usually including the professor and I'll ramble about Gavras and Clouzotso and of course my boy Kurosawa so... lol... what can they say?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
I've done this more than once. Honestly, I've outseen everybody in the room and usually including the professor and I'll ramble about Gavras and Clouzotso and of course my boy Kurosawa so... lol... what can they say?

-Vader
I dunno I was just thinking about this:

Like, it terrifies me to think that shit happens and makes me not ever want to pursue that route.

a bunch of skinny white dudes would start snickering about the imdb top 250 or some shit

that video is classic and to be honest that holds true even though I only have a minor from my program. HOWEVER. I know a ton of /actual/ film schools where the subject matter is way more enthusiastic about those types of filmmaking.

-Vader

Cilogy wrote:
mass suicide
Lmao good one.

I'd go for either 2001 or Lawrence.

ChristNolan wrote: I dunno I was just thinking about this:

Like, it terrifies me to think that shit happens and makes me not ever want to pursue that route.
it's all anecdotal but thats not the experience i had nor of anyone i've met. some schools are definitely known to have egos but every program has a reputation. it's just a matter of asking around

I like the 2004 Assault on Precinct 13 with Ethan Hawk and Larwence Fishbourne better than the original

To my shame, I don't think I've ever seen the original.

I like TDKR more than TDK, but that's purely subjective. Or maybe I'm just a retard.