What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Eternalist wrote:The Hurt Locker

Confused, but compelling.

7/10
Confused? Why?

natalie wrote:

7/10
Confused? Why?
Dramatically confused. It seems to be saying one thing then saying another and it lacks cohesion. The character portrayals are inconsistent and many of the scenes don't purposefully build the characters to some meaningful point. It's still a well-made movie with some tense sequences but it lacks clarity.

Who Needs Sleep?

8/10

This was a documentary about the long hours the cast and crew work on films and the effects these long hours can have on their sleeping patterns and on their health. It's really informative and it gives you an inside look into the workings of Hollywood.

I saw 2 documentaries again...

Zeitgeist - 9/10. (It's cool what they said in that documentary 3 years ago... But imo, even if I agree with them Zeitgeist could just be the same "manipulation" tool as anything else... I mean they have no credibility... of course normal people will either say it's bullshit either say it's greatest thing ever but I'll say that... they are right with many points in there but I just don't believe that all they wanna do is change and do good... like someone said... "In order to dream for peace you need to prepare for war" )

Zeitgesit Addendum 7,5/10. (lack of information at time, no base whatsoever but still credible and a little bit fantasy-world but what I didn't like is that they actually approach communism and people don't even know... and like I said lack of credibility IMO especially with these marxism they approach... Don't get me wrong, marxism is probably the best pure political ideology and it really addresses issues that capitalism doesn't but tell me one communist country where people are living great... None! Because once you're at the top you simply can't control yourself when you see what kind of power you have in your hands... The problem with marxism is that it attracts you, as a leader, to actually believe in your own state of divinity, in your own state of God, making you actually being an authoritarian and an oppressor. Why would people behind Zeitgeist not try to confuse the world with the same "free-candy-for-everyone" dogmas and then just "rape" all of us from our rights? )

7/10
What?

American Beauty - 10/10

It's been a while since I've seen a movie like this. Wow.

Love in the time of cholera 3/10

i thought i'd never say this but Javier Bardem looks retarded in this movie.

and Mike Newell is such a tool, after Prince of Persia and this i can see that the guy has no fu**ing talent :problem:

Watched ET:The Extra Terrestrial this morning. Forgot how much I loved that movie.
10/10

Evil Dead 2

Decidedly more campy and comedic, it depends if you like that.

4/10

Boogie Nights. 8/10 - Alright!