What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
CrazyEight wrote:
Why is it disrespectful of martial arts? It puts it in a good light and it makes little kids want to take it.
Because in the film Jaden Smith learns Kung Fu, not Karate, yet it is called "The Karate Kid". Karate and Kung Fu are two very different arts, so the film should be entitled "The Kung Fu Kid", or they should have actually had the movie take place in Japan, so it could be "The Karate Kid". TV Shows and movies mix up martial arts a lot. I can't even tell you how many times the term "Jiu Jitsu" has been misused in film, but I'm sure the filmmakers are fully aware of the difference and just ignored it with this film.
Don't let the name take you out of it. The film makes it quite clear that it is Kung Fu. I highly doubt that anyone comes out of the film and says, "That was so cool, I wish I knew Karate." The name was just to bring in more money, it clearly is about Kung Fu and doesn't misrepresent it in anyway.

movieman1005 wrote:
bLaZe wrote:American Psycho - 9/10

Great plot, incredible acting by Bale (he reminds me of a homicidal Jim Carrey, especially the scene in Paul's apartment), beautiful cinematography, great twist ending, just wish Dafoe or Leto could've had more screen time. Other than that, it's brilliant.

I just watched that last night for the first time! (Idk if you did, too)
Thought it was pretty good. Holy wow to Mr. Bale. I'm not sure I fully understood the ending, though. So all his killings were a fantasy?
He imagined all his killings. It was all in his head, even the random rude outbursts (calling the bartender a "b*tch" in the beginning). I kinda figured it out when he ran into the hotel lobby near the end and "shot" the janitor and security guard. Then he entered the lobby again and they were alive.
Just brilliant attention to detail. Watch it again, and you'll be blown away.

Inglorious Basterds.. 10/10. F*cking awesome. Saw this for the 4th time.

Toy Story 3

Really good.

Saw "Toy Story 3" this mourning. It was awesome.

So jealous of you guys! I have to wait until tomorrow morning to see Toy Story 3!

Food, Inc.

A much needed probing into modern food production.

9/10

un prophete
9/10
simply awesome.

bLaZe wrote:
movieman1005 wrote:
bLaZe wrote:American Psycho - 9/10

Great plot, incredible acting by Bale (he reminds me of a homicidal Jim Carrey, especially the scene in Paul's apartment), beautiful cinematography, great twist ending, just wish Dafoe or Leto could've had more screen time. Other than that, it's brilliant.

I just watched that last night for the first time! (Idk if you did, too)
Thought it was pretty good. Holy wow to Mr. Bale. I'm not sure I fully understood the ending, though. So all his killings were a fantasy?
He imagined all his killings. It was all in his head, even the random rude outbursts (calling the bartender a "b*tch" in the beginning). I kinda figured it out when he ran into the hotel lobby near the end and "shot" the janitor and security guard. Then he entered the lobby again and they were alive.
Just brilliant attention to detail. Watch it again, and you'll be blown away.
With a 2nd viewing I'll probably have a different view while watching and my perspective will be different (Be a different experience). Love those types of movies!!!

Toy Story 3.

Yes, awesome. Prob. 9/10 Just a little predictable.