What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I like both Public Enemies and Terminator Salvation, but don't love them. I didn't have a problem with Bale's performance like most people do (I admit I may be biased when it comes to him). The problems I had with both movies is that neither flow very well and the scripts seem a little forced, with no emotional connection to the characters. I see where they were trying to go, but the execution could've been better.

Um we're not agreeing here lmao. Shane was the best part about TSalvation. His cinematography was on point... Christian Bale and co. were not.
I think he means Public Enemies.

Ah! In that case...YES

The Pledge 9/10

such a pleasure to see an original and exciting detective/thriller with great acting and directing

Jack Nicholson - flawless
Sean Penn - i kept equating his style with Nolan's on Insomnia, it was that good

Letters to Juliet (2010) - 6.8/10.

Clicheic but surprisingly beautiful movie... :D

The Professional (Leon)- 6.4/10

The first 25 minutes of the film were killer, I loved it. But as soon as Matilda and Leon started there weird relationship, it went downhill. I felt uncomfortable in Leon/Matilda's scenes, it was awkward and almost creepy at times. Gary Oldman was incredible, one of the best performances he's done that I've seen.

CrazyEight wrote:The Professional (Leon)- 6.4/10

The first 25 minutes of the film were killer, I loved it. But as soon as Matilda and Leon started there weird relationship, it went downhill. I felt uncomfortable in Leon/Matilda's scenes, it was awkward and almost creepy at times. Gary Oldman was incredible, one of the best performances he's done that I've seen.
What? 6.4...Are you nuts? :o

What? 6.4...Are you nuts?
The beginning and end were good, but the entire middle portion of the film was boring and awkward. The relationship between Matilda/Leon was never clearly defined as a father daughter relationship, Matilda wanted it to be more, a 11 year old girl half thinking she's dating a 40 year old man bugged me. Plus I was surprised at how quickly Portman's character seemed to get over her entire family being wiped out. She only broke down emotionally twice because of her family, and these were very brief moments.

natalie wrote:What? 6.4...Are you nuts? :o
I second this notion.

CrazyEight wrote:
What? 6.4...Are you nuts?
The beginning and end were good, but the entire middle portion of the film was boring and awkward. The relationship between Matilda/Leon was never clearly defined as a father daughter relationship, Matilda wanted it to be more, a 11 year old girl half thinking she's dating a 40 year old man bugged me. Plus I was surprised at how quickly Portman's character seemed to get over her entire family being wiped out. She only broke down emotionally twice because of her family, and these were very brief moments.
Only about her little brother. She doesn't care about anyone else.
You know, no women, NO KIDS. ;)