What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Infernal Affairs - 9/10

IMHO, Infernal Affairs > The Departed.

bLaZe wrote:Infernal Affairs - 9/10

Not exactly, the Infernal Affairs trilogy is much better. The Departed wasn't bad, but I missed the whole Hong-Kong feeling in it. I love those Chinese gangster movies!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:
bLaZe wrote:Infernal Affairs - 9/10

Not exactly, the Infernal Affairs trilogy is much better. The Departed wasn't bad, but I missed the whole Hong-Kong feeling in it. I love those Chinese gangster movies!
Is it wrong to say that I have never seen Infernal Affairs but I have seen The Departed and love it.

In Her Shoes

Trust me, I didn't have a choice. Although I have to say I did think it was pretty decent.

Home Alone 3

Ahh, nostalgia....

Now seeing it when I'm older I realize even more how clever it was.

Lord Caldlow wrote:
Erik wrote: Not exactly, the Infernal Affairs trilogy is much better. The Departed wasn't bad, but I missed the whole Hong-Kong feeling in it. I love those Chinese gangster movies!
Is it wrong to say that I have never seen Infernal Affairs but I have seen The Departed and love it.
No it's not. The story is still great, just the way The Departed was directed and stuff. It's so much different from the Hong Kong version. I think that if you're a fan of the American version, you're not going to like the original. It's just a matter of 'which one did you see first' and 'do you like Asian movies?' :D!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Slumdog Millionaire - A feel good film.

the insider- never gets old, a real thinker 10/10

Mann is a genius
Why you lurking my page brah?

Black Hawk Down.

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem

Better than the original. but not good enough. Most of the movie was way to dark that I couldn't see what's happening. I'm pretty sure that is not what they mean by making a film darker (That joke sucked, sorry). I couldn't see who died, who survived. It's like the budget didn't allow lighting in the movie. I couldn't see who is who or what is what. It could've been better but the dark ruined it.

3/10

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Pretty good and funny, and really entertaining. But most of the movie was predictable, especially the ending.

6.3/10

dagn96 wrote:Alien vs. Predator: Requiem

Better than the original. but not good enough. Most of the movie was way to dark that I couldn't see what's happening. I'm pretty sure that is not what they mean by making a film darker (That joke sucked, sorry). I couldn't see who died, who survived. It's like the budget didn't allow lighting in the movie. I couldn't see who is who or what is what. It could've been better but the dark ruined it.

3/10
Agreed. I turned it off 30 minutes in because I had no clue what was going on and I really didn't want to see two classic films get raped again. Terrible movie. It honestly looks like the entire film was shot with a F4.5 lens and had the contrast raised heavily in post. Horrible cinematography.