What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Chronicle - 7/10
Alien - 7/10
Aliens - 8/10
A Perfect Getaway - 5/10
Wrath Of The Titans - 3/10

Just watched The Innkeepers. Not bad. For those who like a good ghost/haunting story, it should suffice on a dark and stormy night. I found Sara Paxton to be quite appealing in the lead role. Above average for the (sub)genre.

The writer/director/editor, Ti West, also did The House of the Devil(2009), another modestly budgeted, well-received horror movie shot in Connecticut (haven't seen it). For a young director, he shows some real flare for this material. Im gonna look out for his stuff in the future.

The Shining - 9.25/10

Even liked it more on my 3rd view. Nicholson is awesome, especially when he totally loses it. Still am not a big fan of the kid's acting or Duvall.

The Emperor's New Groove - 8.7/10

An underrated gemstone of a kid's movie. This movie's full of sarcastic humor that I enjoy, and I know almost every line in this movie.

That movie is great. It doesn't get nearly enough praise that it deserves.

Egami wrote:Chronicle - 7/10
Alien - 7/10
These aren't even in the same ball park.

SilverHeart wrote:That movie is great. It doesn't get nearly enough praise that it deserves.
Glad to see someone agree. :)

Addicted2Movies wrote:
Egami wrote:Chronicle - 7/10
Alien - 7/10
They both score 7 for different reasons. I think Chronicle would eventually drop to a 6/10 if I watch it again. Alien is really not that great and drags too much in parts and it's attempt to create "suspense" doesn't works.

Egami wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:
Alien is really not that great and drags too much in parts and it's attempt to create "suspense" doesn't works.
I couldn't disagree with you more but you are entitled to your own opinion.

The Woman in Black:

Just got finished watching this movie with a buddy who said he loved it and wanted to show it to me. I have to say that compared to some of the other horror films being produced lately this was by far one of the better ones. While not a modern classic, it was a good film and would say that it is worth seeing. The acting is actually very good for the most part, with Daniel Radcliffe delivering a solid performance for his first post Potter work. The directing was very good technically and atmospherically. Anyways, check it out if you are in the mood for a decent horror flick.

7/10

Pan's Labyrinth

Such a lovely, beautiful film. The art direction and the makeup is just absolutley gorgeous. The only thing that I didn't like about the film was that it should have focused more on the Fantasy aspects rather than the Fascist War because I thought that was only very small subplot, but that doesn't drag the film down at all. And the young girl who played Ofelia is absolutely talented, why hasn't she been in more films?