Comic Books - The Official Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
OP variant:

Just curious, what do you think of Final Crisis m4?

didich wrote:Just curious, what do you think of Final Crisis m4?
I've red it in 2009, something like that, but I feel it needs a revisit. Maybe during holidays even. What do you think?

m4st4 wrote:
didich wrote:Just curious, what do you think of Final Crisis m4?
I've red it in 2009, something like that, but I feel it needs a revisit. Maybe during holidays even. What do you think?
Short version: I love it myself but it's Morrison at his most metaphorical.

Lee Bermejo is a god

That sweet-sweet moment when you find this comic book gem called Matt Friction and David Aja's Hawkeye.

It's the best Christmas gift ever.

Geoff Johns tweeted an image of Dr.Manhattan and said he's looking forward to writing comic books again in 2017, stay tuned! :o

Coming in August: Snyder-Capullo

Since it's New Comic Book Day, couple of thoughts on recent issues.

Tom King's Batman straight up sucks. There, I said it. His writing is tedious, quasi-lyrical, unnatural (that is from a guy who loved his Vision) and if it weren't for the art (most recently Mikel Janin), and if it wasn't Batman, I would drop it like a brick long time ago. Detective Comics and All Star are much better. Can't wait to see Snyder-Capullo reunion with METAL in August.

Nick Spencer's Secret Empire (along with his Cap before it) is the best mainstream comic book on the market right now. It's engrossing, powerful, controversial but important. Easily the best event in years because it's not entirely focused on the business side of events, it's trying to tell a rich and emotionally investing story.