X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Can someone please explain the ending to me? Why would
Mystique disguised as Trask want to keep Wolverine captive?

TDK=crime epic
TDKR=war epic
DOFP=time-travel epic
no.

kanjisheik wrote:Can someone please explain the ending to me? Why would
it's Mystique disguised as Stryker and that is what we are all speculating about. Could be she's rescuing him for the sale of mutants, or they team up, or Mystique killed Stryker and actually became him, or it's just Singer fucking with us.

RIFA wrote:
TDK=crime epic
TDKR=war epic
DOFP=time-travel epic
no.
That's the best you can do?
the_red_ninja wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Second viewing incoming, let's see if it's still strong as adamantium...
...or hard as Logan's ass?
His ass doesn't look that firm to be honest. Very squeezable yo. Please report back about this.
Will look into it. ;)

m4st4 wrote:
RIFA wrote:
TDK=crime epic
TDKR=war epic
DOFP=time-travel epic
no.
That's the best you can do?
Someone said it before. The word "epic" has been thrown around way too much in the last decade or so that it started to lose it's meaning. Not every big movie is epic. I mean just look at the "time-travel epic"... what does that even mean?

the_red_ninja wrote:
kanjisheik wrote:Can someone please explain the ending to me? Why would
it's Mystique disguised as Stryker and that is what we are all speculating about. Could be she's rescuing him for the sale of mutants, or they team up, or Mystique killed Stryker and actually became him, or it's just Singer fucking with us.
Thanks!

RIFA wrote:Someone said it before. The word "epic" has been thrown around way too much in the last decade or so that it started to lose it's meaning. Not every big movie is epic.
I... didn't know that.

Oh wait, I did. The last time I used it was for TDKR, as far as I remember. Actually, the more I think about it, these three are the only contemporary ones... There's some other stuff too. Like Kingdom of Heaven: DC being historical epic.

So, indeed, no - I don't throw the word 'epic' lightly as some.

Pratham wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Pratham wrote:We should just accept that Mystique was freed and was allowed to go back to Magneto after Trask Industries experimented on her? Also, the Sentinels program was shelved for about 40 years?
They said that it took 50 years to perfect the Sentinal program. And they didn't really have THAT much of a reason to flat out bring the giant robots out until after TLS.
And what is that reason? Didn't we see everyone else accepting mutants as a part of the society after Magneto was defeated? Am I missing something here? :think:
http://imgur.com/a/B2M1n
That has a timeline. At the end of X3, just because some mutants were accepted, doesn't mean the govt. weren't still paranoid (especially after Magneto picked up the bridge in front of everyone). Basically, with X2 and X3, the bringing out of the Sentinal program were just stalled.

m4st4 wrote:
RIFA wrote:Someone said it before. The word "epic" has been thrown around way too much in the last decade or so that it started to lose it's meaning. Not every big movie is epic.
I... didn't know that.

Oh wait, I did. The last time I used it was for TDKR, as far as I remember. Actually, the more I think about it, these three are the only contemporary ones... There's some other stuff too. Like Kingdom of Heaven: DC being historical epic.

Again... what does "time-travel epic" means? Just an example.

RIFA wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
I... didn't know that.

Again... what does "time-travel epic" means? Just an example.
Example of what? It's obviously a subgenre of SciFi movies. Just like crime and war type of movies.

You don't like my clasification? Fine. Don't nitpick for the sake of it, or bring something yours into the mix, I don't care.
Adding 'epic' tells you everything you need to know about a) scope and b) ambition.