What is Your Favourite Michael Mann Film?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

What is Your Favourite Michael Mann Film?

Thief (1981)
2%
The Keep (1983)
No votes
Manhunter (1986)
4%
Last of the Mohicans (1992)
7%
Heat (1995)
51%
The Insider (1999)
7%
Ali (2001)
2%
Collateral (2004)
19%
Miami Vice (2006)
2%
Public Enemies (2009)
7%

Total votes: 57

Vader182 wrote:...are you sure? I've heard this from quite a few places over the years, this was just the first that came from Google.

-Vader
They might not have been BFF's... but I highly doubt he refused to speak to him. The media just likes to play this shit up.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Vader182 wrote:...are you sure? I've heard this from quite a few places over the years, this was just the first that came from Google.

-Vader
They might not have been BFF's... but I highly doubt he refused to speak to him. The media just likes to play this shit up.
Oh, so it wasn't based on anything. Yeah, I kind of agree, but considering how many places I've heard this from (probably the same source though), I wouldn't be surprised. Especially given how the film turned out.

-Vader

solo2001 wrote:What is this PIR you speak of?
Personal Interest's Rate.

Like wasn't the right word for it, for example Lost Highway interests me a lot but I can't say that I like it, there are different kinds of influences that movies can have on someone. Making them to like that film is only one of them.

I think I should make another rating for like.lol :twisted:

mastervirgo wrote:
solo2001 wrote:What is this PIR you speak of?
Personal Interest's Rate.

Like wasn't the right word for it, for example Lost Highway interests me a lot but I can't say that I like it, there are different kinds of influences that movies can have on someone. Making them to like that film is only one of them.

I think I should make another rating for like.lol :twisted:
Totally

Definitely Collateral.

Collateral, hands down.

Public Enemies which has a lot to do with it having two of my favourite three actors and the fact that the only other Mann-movie I've seen is Collateral :-D I really need to catch up.

Heat and Collateral are both epic.