Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Now Where Was I ? wrote:http://schmoesknow.com/is-blade-runner- ... happening/

No idea of this guy is reliable :think:

Maybe this is the mystery 2016 project?

But i dont think Fox has the rights of blade runner
No, they don't have the rights. Alcon Entertainment is the company that has the film rights and the movie would be distributed through their deal with Warner at least in the US.

BlairCo wrote:Honestly, I think with the right style and right dedication, a sequel could be wonderful. Although it would have to be a rather small film because I don't know how it would appeal to a mainstream audience.
Honestly, any film made with the right style and right dedication, could be wonderful. (I'm just fucking with you, ;) I know what you mean). I once believed that such a project (if done like you said) could be a good thing. I don't anymore, cause a "conceptual" Blade Runner in the way Ridley tried to do back in 82 (even though he had a $28 million budget) could never happen today. I don't know the adjusted value of $28 millions today, but certainly, there's no way a studio gonna invest that kind of money into a conceptual project. Nowadays, more than ever, "conceptual" and "mainstream" are two words that don't go together. If this project ever happens - especially with names like Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford(?) attached to it - certainly, it will be targeting the largest audience possible. So I guess "a rather small film" is out of the question. And "how it would appeal to a mainstream audience"? well, if done in the "Hollywood mainstream" way, I imagine it would have a strong "summer movie" appeal and it would certainly make money (the first and most important reason why movies are made).

For all I've heard so far, I'll keep on hoping this project never happens, unless it's done right (but this concept of "right" is different to every single Blade Runner fan).

So, after Martian with Damon, then? Harrison already said he was interested in reprising the role.

I'd certainly be interested to see it happen but it's not the same as Indy, or Star Wars... Blade Runner is one of the best films in general, not just within the SciFi genre. It's a cult, classic, masterpiece.

Does anyone really want to see a Blade Runner sequel with a 72 year old Harrison Ford?

DoubleD wrote:Does anyone really want to see a Blade Runner sequel with a 72 year old Harrison Ford?
I think the noir genre is a much more suitable place for a 72 year-old protagonist than either an action-adventure or a sci-fi epic. Is it ideal? Perhaps not, but if they play it right, I think it has a much better chance of working than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and/or Episode 7.

Only if the script is right.