Films With The Best Endings.

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ending is an important part of a film. It can leave you satisfied or unsatisfied. Happy or unhappy. Here we're going to discuss films with the best endings. To make this topic active and more fun is to analyze and discuss the ending of a movie you think is the best ending. Your are not required to analyze the whole ending if you don't want to, you can just type the name of the film and let others to discuss and give their opinion.

List of films I think has the best endings.

Seven: Directed by David Fincher.
The ending of this film has left me surprised. I am still thinking about it, because I recently saw this film on blu-ray. I was not expecting such a shocking ending. This is the first time I saw this film properly and every time when it was on TV, I skipped it, because of the commercials. David Fincher stated that he likes to make films that leaves a scar. He set an example stating that when he watched JAWS, he didn't dare going back to the beach.

The Passion Of The Christ: Directed by Mel Gibson.
Even though we all know the ending, but Mel Gibson's THE PASSION literally satisfied millions of moviegoers around the globe. Many changed the path of their lives and accepted Jesus as their savior. The ending of this film is satisfying to me, because of the way the film is directed and the way Mel wrote the script. It is pretty straightforward, but what makes it unique is the performances, dialogues and stunning, artistic images. And not to forget it was Jim Caveziel's daring and strong performance that made us audience to believe what's on the screen. When the film ended and Jesus rose on his feet with holes on his hands, people literally started crying in the movie theatre. They begin chanting, I love you Jesus. A truly moving ending.

Inception: Directed by Christopher Nolan.
My mind is still spinning like the top at the end of this film. I like to say that I sometimes convince myself that Cobb made it home and came back to his children. And then at times, I convince myself that Cobb is still dreaming. According to Nolan, it doesn't matter if he is back to reality or not. The point is that Cobb made it. The ending of this film is one of the best endings in history of cinema in my opinion. A ending with two questions. Is he still dreaming? or Is he really back to reality? Teasing his audience a master filmmaker comes with a idea like Inception ending.

--

I am going to be discussing more with others. I will let others to share their FILMS WITH THE BEST ENDINGS.

No Country For Old Men.

These are not in any particular order, but they are my five favourites of all time. I haven't ordered them simply because they'd keep changing a lot. The first three are an embedding fail, but whatever.

solo2001 wrote:No Country For Old Men.
It was such a sweet ending. I haven't read the nove yet, I am going to pick it very soon after I am done reading SUTTREE. Yeah, the ending of this film was pretty good.

@MASON:

The DarK Knight was pretty good, too. Love it how Gordon describing us what really Batman stood for and Batman running. A classic.

I still haven't seen THE GODFATHER films properly.

nothing will beat this for me...

On the Waterfront- powerful scene that brings all the emotions of the film to a satisfying conclusion.

Amadeus- The music is extraordinary and the scene is beautiful.

I forgot this one... it was very powerful!

Just because they were only barely mentioned-

Each conclusion to each Lord of the Rings film. Wondrously beautiful.

-Vader

Genius! :clap: