Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
lol@ how blinded you are by your love for cooper...this sounds like a horribly predictable and cliche story geared for the academy...we know how those wind up....unmentioned

mchekhov wrote:lol@ how blinded you are by your love for cooper...this sounds like a horribly predictable and cliche story geared for the academy...we know how those wind up....unmentioned
lol@ how blinded you are by your love for Hardy.

Read the book, its very uplifting. I think it will translate well on the big screen.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:Read the book, its very uplifting. I think it will translate well on the big screen.

so was Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close...turned out to be a massive cheesefest on the big screen

mchekhov wrote:
Dodd wrote:Read the book, its very uplifting. I think it will translate well on the big screen.

so was Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close...turned out to be a massive cheesefest on the big screen
ouch, good point. Lets hope this does not take the same path.

Dodd wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

ouch, good point. Lets hope this does not take the same path.

it has all the cliche ingredients of a cheesefest

I'm remaining optimistic, David O. Russell pulled off something amazing with The Fighter so I hope this turns out good. With such a great cast I hope it translates into box office success.

Allstar wrote:
mchekhov wrote:lol@ how blinded you are by your love for cooper...this sounds like a horribly predictable and cliche story geared for the academy...we know how those wind up....unmentioned
LMFAO@ how blinded you are by your love for Hardy.
fixed

Just saw a test trailer for this

In short, people are gonna be disappointed that David orussell made this film. The tone of it is very familiar it's a dramatic romantic comedy that is trying to figure into the Oscar race... It's very light and comedic. Aside from the story events informing you that Bradley cooper has some kind of disorder there is no apparent sign of it. Bradley Cooper is playing the same characteristics as his other roles. Him and Jennifer Lawrence share laughs about the types of medication they are. All the familiarities of a rom com