Most Underrated Movies?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)
Empire of the Sun (1987)
Frankenstein (1994)
Valhalla Rising (2009)

Never let me go... is a film that the masses haven't watched yet and need to.

Z. Cobb wrote:Never let me go... is a film that the masses haven't watched yet and need to.
+10000000000 (Can I do that?)

I love this film! All the performances are fantastic! It's criminal how few people have seen this. I actually skipped school one day to go see it, since the only theatre it was playing at was an hour and a half away.

Another one from 2010: Winter's Bone. Hawkes and Lawrence are amazing. With the exception of Christian Bale in The Fighter, John Hawkes' performance was possibly my favorite 'supporting role' of the year. And Lawrence's was tied with Michelle Williams in Blue Valentine as my favorite female performance.

Vader182 wrote:Avatar
Not gonna lie man...I'd place that one as an obscenely OVERRATED movie :sick: . But I guess we all have different tastes :) .

Z. Cobb wrote:Never let me go... is a film that the masses haven't watched yet and need to.
Agreed. Great movie.

Addicted2Movies wrote:
Not gonna lie man...I'd place that one as an obscenely OVERRATED movie :sick: . But I guess we all have different tastes :) .
Same here. Fuck that movie :thumbdown:

It disgusts me how many Avatar haters there are.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:It disgusts me how many Avatar haters there are.
Agreed. The message Jim sent with that film was revolutionary.

Addicted2Movies wrote:
How is it overrated one bit? Nearly every cinephile I know of, online and off, practically condemns the film now yet loved it at the time of release. It's almost impressive how susceptible to groupthink people can be. They go on about how visually amazing it is but the story sucked, characters sucked, dialogue, etc.

-Vader

The Machinist...