Jurassic World (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:more pumped for this, TBH:

I just might get this.

This is excellent; we have thus far been robbed of the opportunities to play as LEGO versions of Richard Schiff, Tea Leoni and Wayne Knight so... that transgression has been fixed.

So will this movie disregard the 3rd movie? Because i just watched the 3rd one again for the hell of it, and it still sucks balls. I guess it would be an easy thing to just not mention anything from the 3rd since not much happened, nothing really progressed. It was more like a "dinosaurs attack the new people who got lost on the island..." and that's all. Unlike-able morons to be exact. But i would feel much better if the director said "fuck the third movie" :P

I can't believe how bad the dinosaurs look in the 2001 film compared to the 90s.

shauner111 wrote:So will this movie disregard the 3rd movie? Because i just watched the 3rd one again for the hell of it, and it still sucks balls. I guess it would be an easy thing to just not mention anything from the 3rd since not much happened, nothing really progressed. It was more like a "dinosaurs attack the new people who got lost on the island..." and that's all. Unlike-able morons to be exact. But i would feel much better if the director said "fuck the third movie" :P

I can't believe how bad the dinosaurs look in the 2001 film compared to the 90s.
Considering the new LEGO game will adapt III, I'd say not.

shauner111 wrote:So will this movie disregard the 3rd movie? Because i just watched the 3rd one again for the hell of it, and it still sucks balls. I guess it would be an easy thing to just not mention anything from the 3rd since not much happened, nothing really progressed. It was more like a "dinosaurs attack the new people who got lost on the island..." and that's all. Unlike-able morons to be exact. But i would feel much better if the director said "fuck the third movie" :P

to me it's especially horrible because the concept is the worst of all three films

the film itself, the premise, everything about it is annoyingly deliberate and forced

Well... the Neill and Goldblum characters don't work independent of each other. Simply put. Disaster zone in the second one where Goldblum becomes the stick in the mud rather than the weirdo. Fuck that noise.

I liked the second one despite its gymnastic antics. It was exciting. And Malcolm became, understandably, more serious and paranoid but still keeping his delightful Goldbluminess. That was good.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Well... the Neill and Goldblum characters don't work independent of each other. Simply put. Disaster zone in the second one where Goldblum becomes the stick in the mud rather than the weirdo. Fuck that noise.
I feel like that's indicative of the change his character undergoes between the films. He's sobered by the experience, then he goes and writes a book about it and is made into a joke by the public. He matures a bit and understands the danger better than literally everyone else in the film.

It also supports this theory I have that Malcolm is essentially a symbol of the chaos he forsees, and therefore this all-seeing, all-knowing agent of nature. Grant realizes he was right in the first film, he's right again in the second.

It was a great change, I think, but of course I'm reading into it so much because I love both films.

Yeah the second one is underrated. I thought Goldblum's character evolved, as did everything. Ill always be disappointed that both Spielberg and Goldblum didn't return for this one, but that doesn't mean that a new team can't get it right after the formulaic/dull/horribly written third movie.