Noah (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
TeddyBlass wrote:I'm still wondering why this movie was made, and how the people involved got talked into it.
Agree.

This looks beyond terrible.

TeddyBlass wrote:I'm still wondering why this movie was made, and how the people involved got talked into it.
I don't see how it's that terrible, but I'm honestly not at all interested, or at least I don't see why people are losing their minds over it.

IMO, the story of Noah alone is not that interesting... Especially when made like this.

so many haters. :(

I'm on the sceptic/unexcited team as well

RIFA wrote:Image
It's like shindler's list
But you know
For kids

I guess I am one of the few who would love to see Aronofsky's dark approach to the story, and all of its controversy that it might evoke. I know he isn't very loved around here, but I think he is coming off two brilliant films, and this a really new for him so I am all for it.

Durden wrote:I guess I am one of the few who would love to see Aronofsky's dark approach to the story, and all of its controversy that it might evoke. I know he isn't very loved around here, but I think he is coming off two brilliant films, and this a really new for him so I am all for it.
The thing is we're complaining about how it's not actually dark... it looks pretty much generic and superficial. Noah's story can be interesting only if you make the movie dark and realistic... Otherwise... it becomes an average tale. If I wouldn't have known who Noah is... I would have thought this is a sequel to After Earth.
Last edited by RIFA on November 15th, 2013, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The idea of a gritty and realistic biblical movie is just :facepalm:

I can imagine Clint's moody score right now. :sick:

Besides, the story of Noah is one of the least interesting tales in the Bible imo.