Showtime's Homeland

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
HOMELAND is a psychological thriller [based on the Israeli TV series “Hatufim”] starring Claire Danes as a CIA officer who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of a U.S. soldier (Damian Lewis) who had been missing and presumed dead was a set-up and may be connected to an Al Qaeda plot to be carried out on American soil. Mandy Patinkin plays a veteran CIA Division Chief who is her boss and mentor. HOMELAND is written by Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Gideon Raff.

I think this could be very good, considering that Gordon and Ganso worked on 24, while Raff created and directed Hatufim the Israeli tv show which inspired Homeland. And the preview looks polished, with Danes and Patinkin meshing really well.

Just found a recent trailer.

Agreed, the show has pedigree. I think that now with Weeds and Dexter nearing their end, Showtime is looking to set up The Borgias and Homeland as their new keystones, in the battle amongst the cable networks.

Homeland looks good.

Really looking forward to this show. I've missed Damian Lewis on the small screen.

Deadline's NELLIE ANDREEVA reports :

Just two weeks after ABC canceled cult favorite V, the show's standout Morena Baccarin has joined another drama series, Showtime's Homeland. The upcoming thriller, from 24 executive producers Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, centers on Marine Sergeant Scott Brody (Damian Lewis), who returns home eight years after going missing in Iraq, and Carrie Anderson (Claire Danes), a driven CIA officer who suspects he might be plotting an attack on America. Baccarin will play Jessica Brody, Scott's smart, strong wife. She replaces Laura Fraser, who played the role in the pilot. The series, which also co-stars Mandy Patinkin, is slated to debut in the fall. Firefly and Stargate alumna Baccarin played The Visitors' diabolical queen Anna on V, which ran for two seasons, and recently did a guest stint on CBS' The Mentalist. She is with UTA and Seven Summits.

New Trailer:

Extended Season 1 trailer

snape wrote:Extended Season 1 trailer
This trailer looks really good. :twothumbsup:

Wow. I never watched a trailer and only DVRd it because my roommate said I should. Awesome, I'm hooked.