Argo (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
allstarr55js wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I could see him possibly using Brad Pitt.
I could see him using Wahlberg for some reason.
Wahlberg is to busy working with Justin Bieber.

What does that have to do with anything? He has a bunch of movies on his plate....

allstarr55js wrote:What does that have to do with anything? He has a bunch of movies on his plate....
Yeah, he's to busy to do this anyway.

Sounds good.

Ben Affleck is a good director and this sounds interesting.

Vulture reports that Affleck plans to have his still-to-be-cast live together in a “safe house” for two weeks prior to the start of filming so they become acquainted with what their real life counterparts went through. The film is based on the true story about a C.I.A. plan to rescue a group of diplomats from Tehran after the 1979 Iranian revolution by claiming that they were part of a Hollywood movie crew shooting a film in the country. It’s actually a pretty incredible story and the Wired article it’s based on, “How the CIA Used a Fake Sci-Fi Flick to Rescue Americans from Tehran” is pretty much a must read.

So far, only Alan Arkin has signed on to the film but the rest of the cast is likely to be coming soon for the film that should be going in front of cameras any day now. It’s said that “Argo” will be lighter in tone than “The Town” or “Gone Baby Gone” and certainly, the lengths the CIA go to fool Iranian authorities that their agents are actually filmmakers is pretty hilarious and extraordinary, but as this latest bit of info show, gritty realism won’t be far behind either.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... live_like/

lighter in tone? :wtf:

thrice wrote:lighter in tone? :wtf:
What is your point?

yea the story doesn't really suggest a movie that is lighter in tone. Seems strange