Seven Psychopaths (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
CBS Films has just announced that Woody Harrelson, Tom Waits and Olga Kurylenko will join Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell and Christoper Walken in Martin McDonagh's Seven Psychopaths.

Farrell stars as a struggling screenwriter, who inadvertently becomes entangled in the Los Angeles criminal underworld after his oddball friends (Rockwell) and (Walken) kidnap a gangster’s (Harrelson) beloved Shih Tzu.
Read more: Seven Psychopaths Adds Woody Harrelson - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z1dFPCKenH

tom waits has to be replacing mickey

Allstar wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

tom waits has to be replacing mickey
Woody is.

is that a fact? Tom Wait actually looks like he could be related to Rourke, and has that same gravelly voice. He'd be great to play that gangster.

mchekhov wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Woody is.

is that a fact? Tom Wait actually looks like he could be related to Rourke, and has that same gravelly voice. He'd be great to play that gangster.
I read it in a article Woody is.

As long as I have you here, are you doing Seven Psychopaths?

Farrell: Yeah. I’m starting in a few weeks. If you held a gun to my child’s head, I wouldn’t know how to break down that fucking plot. [laughs] Martin [McDonagh] wrote a great and really original script. We are shooting it here in Los Angeles, which is magic. So I will get to be home with the boys and stuff. We start in about 5 weeks.

I loved you guys’ last movie.

Farrell: Thanks, man. It is good stuff. I’ve been lucky enough to work with some fucking fantastic writers – present company very much included. That is kind of the fundamental launching point for all of these films. It is the good words on the page. I start in about 5 weeks and it is an 8 or 9 week shoot, and I am dying to do it. To be honest, I really did enjoy Total Recall. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, actually. But there wasn’t a lot of dialogue. So it is nice to get into some. I was ready for that at that period, but you run out of roads with everything.

mchekhov wrote:apparently a lot of his Iron Man 2 work never made it into the movie
“It’s like when I did Ivan Vanko in Iron Man, I fought … You know, I explained to Justin Theroux, to the writer, and to [Jon] Favreau that I wanted to bring some other layers and colors, not just make this Russian a complete murderous revenging bad guy. And they allowed me to do that. Unfortunately, the [people] at Marvel just wanted a one-dimensional bad guy, so most of the performance ended up the floor.

“Well, you know, it is f**king too bad, but it’s their loss. If they want to make mindless comic book movies, then I don’t want to be a part of that. I don’t want to have to care so much and work so hard, and then fight them for intelligent reasoning, and just because they’re calling the shots they … You know, I didn’t work for three months on the accent and all the adjustments and go to Russia just so I could end up on the floor. Because that can make somebody say at the end of the day, oh f**k ‘em, I’m just going to mail it in. But I’m not that kind of guy. I’m never going to mail it in.

“At the end of the day you’ve got some nerd with a pocketful of money calling the shots. You know, Favreau didn’t call the shots. I wish he would have. And Theroux, we worked together to bring layers to that character, so, you know, I fight for that any time I’m playing like a bad guy.”
Another reason to hate Marvel Studios. :twothumbsup:

ra's is that you?

Forum Pro
Law
Wow I am really diggin that outfit

Colin always dresses nice.