Terminator: Genisys (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mr. Caine wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
Oh yeah, I'd have to agree. The third was the worst in the series by far. But Salvation took a pretty big leap by advancing the series into the future, but I just didn't feel a connection. And that CGI Arnie... :facepalm:
They should just stoped after T2 :P
+1

If they are gonna do this, they should complete the circle.End it with Kyle Reese going back in time.That's it.
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:If they are gonna do this, they should complete the circle.End it with Kyle Reese going back in time.That's it.
This.

Pratham wrote:If they are gonna do this, they should complete the circle.End it with Kyle Reese going back in time.That's it.
what about the scene where T800 kills John Connor?£

Dodd wrote:Hey I'm all for it. Salvation was decent.
Agreed. I enjoyed Salvation. Will be ineresting to see how this turns out.

Mason01 wrote:
This.
Exactly...my reason for making this thread and the reason why I think they should do a 5th one - To show the end of the circle in 2028 when Connor finally sends Kyle Reese back in time.

This series ended when James Cameron left. Salvation had some of the most awkward conversations in a big budget movie that I've seen and I hated that Bale was in this crap (Can't remember what I gave as a review for the film at first but I saw it recently and you can see what I think about it now).

Salvation wasn't terrible. Unproductive, but not terrible. I'm fine with them completing the circle, but not with Justin Lin at the helm.

@Crazyeight:

I agree. I don't want to see such a great franchise fall in the hands of Justin Lin.

Skydance Productions and Annapurna Pictures have set Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier to script the next installment of The Terminator franchise.

Her credits include Avatar, Shutter Island and Alexander, produced White House Down. Lussier scripted Wes Craven’s Dracula and My Bloody Valentine. Skydance’s David Ellison recently hired the scribes to write and original scifi adventure film, with an idea initiated by Skydance. Megan Ellison paid a fortune for the rights several years ago, and recently teamed with brother David, whose company finds big ticket action films like Terminator to be in its wheelhouse. David, who just produced Jack Reacher, had the relationship with the scribes, though interestingly Kalogridis also is tight with Terminator creator James Cameron. Megan Ellison is in the thick of the Oscar race with Zero Dark Thirty and The Master.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/laeta-k ... erminator/