Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
every time anyone mentions that youtube thing, the fix gets delayed by a month. you’re welcome

i passionately recommend topsy turvy to everyone

especially armand

but especially everyone

It's fantastic, as is the bulk of Mike Leigh's work.

How's The Omen ? Bit anxious to watch it lol

Nomis wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 8:10 am
How's The Omen ? Bit anxious to watch it lol
The original is great. Remake not so much.

Is it scary as fuck though?

It’s... ominous. I don’t remember it being particularly scary. It depends on the person no?

I’m quite a chicken when it comes to religious horror though. The Exorcist changed me lol.

I’m the biggest chicken to have ever graced the surface of this planet and I’ve never seen the Exorcist, but I feel like watching those Scary Movie films as a kid was a blessing in disguise cuz I don’t think I’ll ever be able to be freaked out by that girl the way you’re supposed to

Ruth wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 9:38 am
I’m the biggest chicken to have ever graced the surface of this planet and I’ve never seen the Exorcist, but I feel like watching those Scary Movie films as a kid was a blessing in disguise cuz I don’t think I’ll ever be able to be freaked out by that girl the way you’re supposed to
The Exorcist is probably my favorite horror after Shining and what’s beautiful about it is that it works as a family drama and a family thriller, you get connected with her mother and you get to know the young priest so when shit hits the fan... you feel it on your skin. Finale of that movie is cinema’s finest hour.

The Exorcist is a excellent film though I 100% agree with M4st4 that the films strengths lie heavily on the grounded drama involving the mother ,daughter and Father Damien.

Also,what people presume when they're seeing a horror, the film doesn't continually rely on tired jump scare moments ,which is something I've always commented on whenever I recommend Friedkin's masterpiece.

William Peter Blatty's Exorcist 3 is also a decent film with some memorable moments.